NEW OUTLAW Performance Intake

Dylan06SS

I'm converted now. Since haulin put up more specs on the Gtech...I guess I can trust it. It seemed like you guys put some thought in the test, reminiscent of a design of experiments problem I'm sure I had somewhere along the way.

Thanks for clearing it up. Great work :thumbs:

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It seems you can't win if you own a Ford w/ a Volant.... or is it just owning a Ford :) ...... or is it just owning a Volant?

http://fordtruckworld.tenmagazines.com/ten...sp?sid=2&aid=36

I forgot to tell you what to look for: 2 HP gain (consistent)

Can you say NO R&D !

Volant = Does it fit? Yes ? Throw a filter in it and Sell it! :banghead:

Louder faster syndrome!

Can you say NO R&D !

Volant = Does it fit? Yes ? Throw a filter in it and Sell it!

Interesting bit of info to go along w/ that:

The owner of Volant has absolutely NO BACKGROUND IN AUTOMOTIVE PERFORMANCE! :eek:

Origianally he was a tool manufacture... actually still is... the intake thing is a little side venture for the company. At this point it really just seem like they tried to make a quick buck off of a growing market... DAMN! I hate being ripped off :mad:

Can you say NO R&D !

Volant = Does it fit? Yes ? Throw a filter in it and Sell it!

Interesting bit of info to go along w/ that:

The owner of Volant has absolutely NO BACKGROUND IN AUTOMOTIVE PERFORMANCE! :eek:

Origianally he was a tool manufacture... actually still is... the intake thing is a little side venture for the company. At this point it really just seem like they tried to make a quick buck off of a growing market... DAMN! I hate being ripped off :mad:

I have to go a long with Dylan I work at Banks Power and we test and compare many many different intake systems on a flow bench and the volant just doesn't stand up to the stock air box they make it because it's cheep for them to produce large numbers of them and they sell because they made it look better than a stock air box! Why buy something because it looks good when it doesn't function as well as OEM parts?

Heres the pics... you guys better appreciate this. I just got off a long day at work... helped a friend move a couch.... and STILL found time to uninstall the intake and get some pics for you! :banghead:

Installed:

DSC00425.jpg

Filter:

DSC00426.jpg

DSC00428.jpg

The airbox uninstalled:

*something I thought was cool - Outlaw individually seriel #'s the systems (you can see the tag on the box) so that if there is ever a warranty issue there is no question about authenticity, etc.

DSC00432.jpg

This (IMO) is the big differnece over the Volant:

the kit actually seals up to the fender and the kit provides rubber weather striping to make it as tight as possible.

DSC00433.jpg

You can see in this pic that the box pretty much has a straight thru design

DSC00434.jpg

dam you Dylan....... I just got finished installing the new volant.If you want to do any test on the new system on the SS let me know im just around the corner and would be morr than happy to check out that intake and the results if they are better,Oh well i took a quick drive around the block, the engine eas nice and cold but i could feel a difference.

Archived