2004 Silverado SS 6.0 AWD LQ9 to LS3 Build

I bought a 2004 Silverado SS 6.0 AWD LQ9 Stock all i had done to it was a good tune and a cold air intake and exhaust, Well long story short i got gapped by a Tundra, That same day i booked an appointment to a performance shop specializing in LS’s! It’s in the shop currently IM SUPER EXCITED LMK WHAT YOU GUYS THINK THE HP GAIN WILL BE!??? STRAIGHT N/A not sure what the hp is currently im guessing 320-340hp lmk you guys! It wont be ready till end of january ? well worth it though heres a list of whats getting done btw it has 120,000 miles will i be good? lmk

?CNC PORTED LS3 HEADS

?HEADERS

?LS3 INTAKEMANIFOLD

?LS3 90mm THROTTLE BODY *x-link*

?ELECTRIC FANS

?BTR STAGE 3 LS3 CAM KIT

?CIRCLE D 3200 TORQUE CONVERTER

?40k TRANSCOOLER

?MEILING OIL PUMP

??? THATS EVERYTHING FOR NOW Haha tell me what you guys think 

3 hours ago, Carloss’s Build said:

I bought a 2004 Silverado SS 6.0 AWD LQ9 Stock all i had done to it was a good tune and a cold air intake and exhaust, Well long story short i got gapped by a Tundra, That same day i booked an appointment to a performance shop specializing in LS’s! It’s in the shop currently IM SUPER EXCITED LMK WHAT YOU GUYS THINK THE HP GAIN WILL BE!??? STRAIGHT N/A not sure what the hp is currently im guessing 320-340hp lmk you guys! It wont be ready till end of january ? well worth it though heres a list of whats getting done btw it has 120,000 miles will i be good? lmk

?CNC PORTED LS3 HEADS

?HEADERS

?LS3 INTAKEMANIFOLD

?LS3 90mm THROTTLE BODY *x-link*

?ELECTRIC FANS

?BTR STAGE 3 LS3 CAM KIT

?CIRCLE D 3200 TORQUE CONVERTER

?40k TRANSCOOLER

?MEILING OIL PUMP

??? THATS EVERYTHING FOR NOW Haha tell me what you guys think 

Stock HP is 345.  The stock transmission is marginal in the first place. If yours is still original (not been rebuilt) and with that many miles, you might need a transmission rebuild in the not too distant future.  Adding 125 HP to my 03 SS with a Radix Supercharger, caused the stock transmission to wear out at 70k (installed the supercharger at 2,500 miles).  That should give you some idea about what you can expect from the transmission. 

• Thanks 1

• 3 months later...

In stock for, you are putting approx 280RWHP (345HP is crank

I've done all of the mods mentions but I warn against the BTR Stage 3 unless you don't mind less daily drivability.  I agree in a trans rebuild with a dedicated trans cooler.  I've had my SS  for 12 years and had to do the transmission 3 times and considering a 4th rebuild.

Good luck.

• 2 years later...

I know this is an old thread but I'm going to chime in anyway. 

I have a 2004 SS also. I purchased a BluePrint Pro Series LS3 427 Stroker engine claiming 625hp at the crank. When I got that fired up, my transmission didn't last but a couple hours. I ended up swapping it out for a 4L80. A year later and my abusive driving habits, trans is still going fine. I did break other stuff downstream though :D When it breaks, I overkill the replacement. It stopped breaking now, pretty much LOL.