2006 Silverado SS Cam upgrade

Hello guys back again,

I have been debating on this for a long time now, but i think i am finally to the point where i have everything else ready. I currently have an 06 Silverado SS. What i have done to the truck so far is Volant CAI w/scoop, Pacesetter Long tube headers, hollowed cats, Corsa Touring Exhaust and a BBP tune. My next step is going to be the cam, the one i have my heart set on right now would be the Comp Heads xr275hr. My question would be what lifters, injections and torque converters would you guys suggest?

My main goal for the truck is to keep it as a daily/Sunday driver, with maybe 500hp. So any input or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you.

With the XR275HR, stock lifters should be fine. I would think 30-36lb injectors would be safe. In my LS1 I was running a Torquer V2 with stock lifters and injectors (28lb in the LS1) and they were maxing at 89% duty cycle. A little high on it, but no issues... I would think the 30-36lb and your proposed setup, you should be well below that. You would be fine using LS6 springs or 918's. For the torque converter, I'd say something in the 2800 territory would be a good match. I've had several good experience with Circle D Specialties. Chris is a really nice guy and really helpful. If you message him what you want, he can get you set up with what would be best for your setup.

I run this cam and it is an awesome daily driver cam with a nice mean lope and great for naturally aspirated and works well if you decide to go forced induction. I have had nothing but compliments and it performs very well... http://www.sho-mespeed.com/index.php?option=com_hikashop&ctrl=product&task=show&cid=6566&name=comp-cams-ls1-ls6-ls2-xr275hr-222-224-lift-566-568-lsa-112&gclid=CKP9iYOS1MwCFYY2gQodnhQM7g

The only thing Id recommend is some different valve springs as the stock ones are bit weak for a bigger cam. Id also get some hardened pushrods while you are in there.

Edited by 2003_SuperSport (see edit history)

I run this cam and it is an awesome daily driver cam with a nice mean lope and great for naturally aspirated and works well if you decide to go forced induction. I have had nothing but compliments and it performs very well... http://www.sho-mespeed.com/index.php?option=com_hikashop&ctrl=product&task=show&cid=6566&name=comp-cams-ls1-ls6-ls2-xr275hr-222-224-lift-566-568-lsa-112&gclid=CKP9iYOS1MwCFYY2gQodnhQM7g

The only thing Id recommend is some different valve springs as the stock ones are bit weak for a bigger cam. Id also get some hardened pushrods while you are in there.

Yeah that is the one i have been looking at. Im pretty sure thats the one i am going to go with. I was more so looking for which companies i should use for the torque converter, springs and injectors.

Yeah that is the one i have been looking at. Im pretty sure thats the one i am going to go with. I was more so looking for which companies i should use for the torque converter, springs and injectors.

I use a phoenix transmission 3000 TQC.http://www.phoenixtrans.com/torque-converters/ Performs awesome and zero complaints so far and stalls around 3100-3200 with the cam and supercharger setup I have... For just a cam setup up and other bolt ons, some marine injectors or 8.1L 42lbers would be more than enough and bolt right in. Or you can go with siemen deka and use 1/4" spacers on your fuel rails. I went that route and used 60lb siemen deka and made my own spacers. And springs just used the recommended beehive ones that comp has and their pushrods. You wont be disappointed. I have had that same cam setup for 8+ years and by no means do I baby her when I drive. I may not put on many miles but those miles are fun.

Edited by 2003_SuperSport (see edit history)

I use a phoenix transmission 3000 TQC.http://www.phoenixtrans.com/torque-converters/ Performs awesome and zero complaints so far and stalls around 3100-3200 with the cam and supercharger setup I have... For just a cam setup up and other bolt ons, some marine injectors or 8.1L 42lbers would be more than enough and bolt right in. Or you can go with siemen deka and use 1/4" spacers on your fuel rails. I went that route and used 60lb siemen deka and made my own spacers. And springs just used the recommended beehive ones that comp has and their pushrods. You wont be disappointed. I have had that same cam setup for 8+ years and by no means do I baby her when I drive. I may not put on many miles but those miles are fun.

Thank you for your help. I will look into to that and as soon as i finish up my vinyl wrap job on my ss i will post of pics of that.

• 3 years later...