LQ9 rebuild kits?

The motor in my SS has started showing some warning signs. I have purchased an LQ4 that I plan on rebuilding as an "LQ9" I am just wondering if anyone here has any suggestions where I could find a decent rebuild kit for a good price

Ive seen people post complete lq9 rotating assemblys on craigs for a few hundred bucks, might wanna keep a lookout there, then again theres also the 370 or 408 route

If you are going to go with a rebuild I presume you'll be sending the block to a good machinest to get cleaned up. If so why not have him punch it 0.030 over and go 408 since you're replacing the rotating assembly anyway. It's free horse power, but more importantly for us, torque. Not just peak but all across the board.

I'm wanting to re use the rotating assembly with the exception of the pistons which have come in some of the rebuild kits I've seen.

Basically I'll need bearings, gaskets, and pistons.

I'm trying to keep this as budget friendly as possible for right now. I just don't want to put junk bearings and gaskets in it.

Here's an example of what I'm looking for, I just didn't know anything about this brand but I haven't really been finding anything else either unless I just piece one together on my own.

http://m.ebay.com/itm?itemId=271103482592

Buying off ebay is the first bad choice. You really have to take the block to a machinest and have them figure out what bearing clearances are going to have to be. Once a motor has wear on it bearing tolerances change. I understand your trying to save money, but buying parts off Ebay, you dont know what you are actually getting. Im sure the block has to be cleaned, inspected and re line honed. Not to mention any re grounding of the crank or polishing that it probably will need.

You say there are warning signs of the engine failing, What are those?

When re building a engine from failure, you dont want to re use certain parts, like Lifters.... If there is excessive metal shavings from wear, or a bad bearing you will only be putting damaged parts back in the new motor and possibly re building it again.

My suggestion is to do it the right way and bring it to a machinest, and have them go over it and tell you what you need. You will get the right sized parts, brand names that you know you will get. It will be put together the right way.

I dont want to sound like a jerk and am not trying to, but right now your headed in the wrong direction. All you have to do is tell the machinest you have a budget of this price and he will stick to it.

Lol I'm not planning on buying anything from ebay. I was just saying that was the only rebuild kit I could find(to give you guys an idea of what I was looking for). I am planning on taking it to a machine shop first just trying to "get all my ducks in a row" as they say.

I am not rebuilding the motor that is currently in my truck. I have purchased an LQ4 for the purpose of rebuilding.

But since you asked the LQ9 that is currently in my truck has been loosing coolant into the oil. I changed the oil Friday night and found metal shavings on the plug and on the dipstick.

So I'd say it's on it's way out.

Do you have any future plans for the truck, adding more hp or just wanting to use it as a DD.

More pricier here, and you'd still need your oil pump and timing set.

Gasket kit

http://texas-speed.com/p-4272-tsp-engine-rebuild-kit.aspx

Rotating assembly

http://texas-speed.com/c-561-rotating-assemblies.aspx

I have a complete rebuild rotating assembly. Reman LQ9 crank, new LQ9 rods, and 4.020" LQ9 pistons w/ rings. Just drop off the block and the rotating assembly at your local machine shop and they'll bore/hone the block and get you the main/rod bearings you need. I've got the ones here that came with it, but they've been sitting around a while so I'd just get new ones. Bearings are cheap enough. Let me know if you're interested. I'm sure we can make a deal. I've also got a new timing chain and gear, and other new stock parts (cam, covers, etc) if you wanna renew anything else while you're in there.