Converting 5.3 T0 6.0

I bought a 2001 gmc youkon with a 5.3 ltr along with a whipple supercharger, the 5.3 seams to have a dead cylinder and the superchager makes almost no bost. I am weighing my options and am considering a 6.0 conversion. anyone know what other components would need to be swapped out to accomplish this?

the 5.3l and the 6.l is basically the same as far as mounting and trans fitment and headers...

i am doing this same swap very soon... what exactly do you have questions on? you will have to upgrade the trans if you expect it to last more than a couple of months...

instead of buying a 6l you can punch out your 5.3 to a 5.7... that is really common too... and more likely less money... and if your SC isnt toast, you can use it too...

i just did the swap i got a LQ4 for 2200 bucks with 1500 miles on it. the 4L60 will hold up on a stock 6.0 but if you bolt up the supercharger then you will need to beef it up. the tanny motormounts and pcm are the same. dont try to buy a wire harness cause it may not match up to the internal wire harnes. my 4.8 harness plugged right into the 6.0 except the oilpressure sensor on the back of the block easy fix just swap the two. i used my 4.8 pcm it fired right up with no timing problems ur timing is controled by ur crankshaft position sensor anyway. i had to change my fuel rails b/c the 6.0 was set up with a fuel pressure switch and a return line below the supply my 4.8 was a different set up. if u buy a used motor make sure u clean the injectors the old gas was gelled up in mine and a few locked up by the way the injectors were the same. some 6.0s have a spacer on the flexplate i just put the 4.8s flex plate on if you dont do this it wont bolt to the 4L60 i did this in my garage with a lot of trial and error but i love the hell out of the 6.0 over the 4.8 lemme know if you have questions remember the 05 motors and up are setup for electric fans