'04 SS Silverado KB or Magna Charger

ChargedSS

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply
:cool:   I just put an ATI procharger with 9lbs of boost in my 04 ss, customed tuned it and added new headers and got just about a 60% increase in power and torque to the rear tires.  I still have a 100 shot kit to install, not sure if i want to run both a supercharger and NOS to the stock trans and numerous other stock seals and parts.  on the dyno the last check put my hp at 530 to the rear tires(not sure what the rpms were off the top of my hear)  THe only problem with the ATI PROCHARGER was we had to do some modifacations to get it to fit right on the engine.

Not to debate your claims. Are you sure you weren't thinking fwhp? Or, do you have more mods than you list?

Did I just read your post wrong?

I'd definitely like to see before and after dyno graphs.

I don't think I've ever seen an ATI truck get anywhere near 500 without some internal engine modifications. Namely lower compression heads and a cam upgrade. If you are claiming 530 hp at the flywheel, maybe, but you said at the wheels, no way.

Sorry i about that but in my opinion a well tuned ati procharger is the best on the market, and yes i have more mods than i list. Here is a list of just about all the mods i have a few not listed that a recently new.

PROCHARGER Supercharger/2 core Intercooler (free of charge thanks to a good friend)

New fuel pump, injectors and fuel lines

Custom 4 inch Magnaflow exhaust

Superior Shift kit

Billet Servos

Radix 3” pulley

Volant Cold air induction

Meziere electric water pump-new

7mm Direct hits ignition-new

ASP underdrive pulley system

Custom tuned

80 mm throttle body-new

SLP Camshaft Kit, LS-1, 51011 Cam, Springs, Retainers, Locks- getting installed as we speak

:cool:

I have seen on the vettes and F-body cars that the ATI does make the most power. It is the most difficult to tune for perfect driveability, but they do make a lot of power. Unless that cam kit has already been installed though I honestly can't see 530 to the wheels. Here's what I have to compare it with that makes me wonder (If I'm wrong though that is awesome and I am buying an ATI TODAY)

2001 A4 Corvette with an 8lb ATI kit and headers 480 HP at wheels

2002 A4 F-body with Vortech and aftercooler and headers 8psi 450 HP at wheels

2002 Escalade with whipple smaller pulley, ported blower, JBA headers 440HP at wheels

2001 M6 Firebird with heads and cam, Vortech with aftercooler and 9PSI 575HP at the wheels (was running stock manifolds though :( )

Later,

Bryan

PCM,

If you can find the right person to install and retune your ati procharger i have a feeling that you will be real happy with it. I have a friend who's racing team is sponsored by ATI he is one of there poster boys. He is an ATI genius, i was told the same thing when i started shopping around that it couldn't be done, then he set a free supercharger in my face. All i had to do is let him use my truck as a test truck for his business and it wouldn't cost me a dime.. I don't think any of you would of said no to that. :cool:

Matt

PCM,

If you can find the right person to install and retune your ati procharger i have a feeling that you will be real happy with it. ....

:jester: Thats funny. Are you saying saying that PCM can't tune an ATI?

Once again, I'm asking to see a dyno chart (with correction factors applied).

I looked at a 8psi LS1 dyno chart this morning that I assume "PCM" tuned (because the dyno was from JDs, but I may be wrong). It was on a M6 LS1 car and it didn't get close to 500 at the wheels. You can't tell me that your truck, WITH DRIVELINE LOSSES, will out power a LS1 M6 car with similar mods. It won't happen.

I think you got a great deal, but the power claims are out to lunch.

Is that the kind of power that the "ATI genious" guy you referred to told you you would be making? Did you actually get a look at the dyno sheets?

Your power may be close to that after your cam install. I have more mods than you, bigger camshaft, ported heads, and still don't think I'm that close to your number. I'm pushing 9lbs of boost on a Radix system.

Got a 75-shot of nitrous hidden in there somewhere?

Got any track times?

i do agree that as far as superchargers go the ati is probably the best or damn close. their kits suck comparing and until they begin to make kits as nice as others, they'll never be as nice to bolt on install.

on the hand of the numbers issue, someone is adding up hp numbers by percentage rather than actual. no offense to your truck, but i also agree that you aren't going to get them numbers on the stock cam and will be hard pressed to get them with the new cam.

I'd definitely like to see before and after dyno graphs.

I don't think I've ever seen an ATI truck get anywhere near 500 without some internal engine modifications. Namely lower compression heads and a cam upgrade. If you are claiming 530 hp at the flywheel, maybe, but you said at the wheels, no way.

:withstupid:

I could see 530 to the fly wheel but at the wheels :crazy:

Ok guys here we go i went to the shop today and put my truck on the dyno, with the new cam shaft. HP at the tires was only 457, i was way off from the original numbers. He was only giving me a guess at what he thought it would be, my bad on that one. I will have track times after easter when it warms up a bit, as soon as i have them i will post them.

Have a good one

:thumbs:

Matt

Ok guys here we go i went to the shop today and put my truck on the dyno, with the new cam shaft. HP at the tires was only 457, i was way off from the original numbers. He was only giving me a guess at what he thought it would be, my bad on that one. I will have track times after easter when it warms up a bit, as soon as i have them i will post them.

Have a good one

:thumbs:

Matt

That sounds more like it. He was off quite a bit, but those are still some damn good numbers. I wouldn't be dissapointed with those kind of #'s. Thats means you should be putting well over 500 at the crank. Now just get those track times posted. :thumbs:

Not sure how much exactly it helped everytime i went to the shop to get work done on my truck he always had a sorry ass mustang on it. I can feel a little bit of difference when i drive. But what can i say 99% of his business is mustangs, although today i walked all over one of his customers in a 2003 saleen. It was stock and the street was a little wet, but it still makes ya feel good.

:D

Archived