550 hp on stock lq4/9

The heads that they are using are slightly better than yours for a N/A application, but not that much hp difference. There are many differences not seen that is making the numbers that they aren't showing you. Headers and intake change alone would likely be worth 50hp or so on your setup.

I'm assuming you know which "customer" I'm referring to. :jester:

Pic's will be posted soon.

Thanks Zippy,

Yeah, I know your customer.... can't wait to see how it all turns out.

Brad

Thats not true about the hp # for the carb verses fuel inj. The fuel injection has torque mgnt and is governed.

:icon_bs: Totally bogus. The main difference between an L92 carb vs. fuel injected would be the manifolds. You can totally tune the FI to be within a few HP of carbed, depending on which intake you go with. You can't compare stock tuning vs. modified carbed, it's totally not a valid argument.

It should be pointed out that peak hp was at 6800rpm. A 6.0L with the stock rod bolts won't hold up with the recomended shift points that setup would need. You'd pretty much want shift points to be 7k or more. On the other hand you'd likely never see that high of a peak rpm if you used the truck L76/L92 intake. You'll certainly need the carburated or the car intake to get it to breath up that high.

With last month's article, it made nearly 400 TQ at 2200 RPM and averaged 428 for the entire pull with the hot cam. Very broad curve... Stall schmall... :crazy:

I would still suggest a nice sized stall or it will be a bear until it got into the upper RPMs. Stock stall would be garbage on that set-up.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
I would still suggest a nice sized stall or it will be a bear until it got into the upper RPMs. Stock stall would be garbage on that set-up.

I'm confused... that combo (the 480 HP one, not the newer 550 HP article) had more TQ at 2200 RPM than ours do at peak stock! I'm not saying that stock stall or even a small stall would be "best", but that engine would still whoop on a stock SS out of the hole and up top too!!!

Edited by SS_bnoon_SS (see edit history)