? Truck didn't want to shift...

If someone could help... about 3 weeks ago I pulled out from a red light, only getting to about 2,800 rpms and it didn't want to shift :banghead: ... light throttle and it stayed in 1st to about 5,300... then i let out and got back into it, finally it shifted. I am kinda new to the SS world.

I appreciate any input... the truck has been great since :chevy:

I've had it happen before, but very rarely... first time it happend I was under full throttle and when I let up a little the RPMs just kept climbing untill I let off completely. Scared the sh!t out of me, but I don't think its anything to worry about... as long as it only happens once in a while.

I've had it happen before, but very rarely... first time it happend I was under full throttle and when I let up a little the RPMs just kept climbing untill I let off completely. Scared the sh!t out of me, but I don't think its anything to worry about... as long as it only happens once in a while.

Are you saying your gas acted like it was stuck untill you completely let off the it dropped down? That doesnt sound safe at all

Are you saying your gas acted like it was stuck untill you completely let off the it dropped down? That doesnt sound safe at all

Exactly, the truck acted like it was floored, but only was at 1/3 throttle... Is this related to the drive by wire on the 03 SS, or are others having the same issue. It only happened once with my truck since I've owned it, but what the sh*t ?

It happened to me but my truck slipped at the stop light then it gripped and caught pretty aggresive it's done it like 4 times i'm not sure what it is, also once I put in reverse and wouldn't go until I let off the throttle and stepped on it again and it worked regular.. I took it to the dealer and they said they found no codes but, it's wierd.

mine has done something like that twice. I take off from a traffic light and it stays in first till like 40mph and revs up to like 5500 rpms. i though the truck was stuck in 1st gear but i let off the gas and it shifted. :driving:

Hi new to the forum, I have an 04' SS and it has done the same thing to me twice, it also slips some times in reverse it acts like it is in neutral then I put the truck back in park and then in reverse ane it works fine.

Archived