My wife wants me to have the SS painted white

JimJenson

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Wow If it was my wife i would say no then i would say ask me agian (then she would) and i would say no again. Then if she got that look on her face i would tell her to get in the kitchen and make me a sandwich. Then while i was eating my sandwich i would let her know the laundry needs to get done also. And while she was doing all that i would take a little ride in my red SS Just becasue i Can! :crackup:

Wow If it was my wife i would say no then i would say ask me agian (then she would) and i would say no again. Then if she got that look on her face i would tell her to get in the kitchen and make me a sandwich. Then while i was eating my sandwich i would let her know the laundry needs to get done also. And while she was doing all that i would take a little ride in my red SS Just becasue i Can!

Then when you got back, all your shit would be on the front lawn. :crackup:

Pre-nups are a good idea....Always. You must have everything in your name then too?

SO... where is your wife keeping you balls? In a jar behind the the pickles in the fridge? :wtf:

I understand you have her holding 51% for the "minority owned business" thing... but REALLY... C'mon! :uhoh:

I'd love to see what kind of numbers she expects to make up by painting your truck white! How many trucks in your fleet? 15?

So less than 7% of your vehicles won't match meaning 7% of the people who find out about your company from seeing the trucks MIGHT have a hard time reading the logo! :wtf:

Women don't typically respond to logic to well, but here it goes anyways:

MAACO charges $1000 for a signature (quality clearcoat) paintjob on a sedan... truck would be more, but we'll use that number for the sake of argument.

Divide that number by the number of years you plan on keeping the truck.

Compare that number to how much $$$ you think the company stands to make just because your truck matches the others... my guess is very little.

Bottom line is it sounds like the Mrs. is on a power trip... don't want to question your manhood... but.....

RE-ATTACH YOUR BALLS AND PUT YOUR FOOT DOWN!!! :smash:

How about trading it for the new GMC Sierra Denali Crew Cab?

It has the LQ9, the NVG-149 AWD, 4.10 gears.....plus 4 doors and the Denali interior....and it comes in white.

Now there is an idea....And if you change the color of your SS, say good bye to any resale value at all

:withstupid: That could work a VHO or a denali is a pretty nice truck, A white diamod SS would be pretty nice. I think white wouldn't be a bad color, but I don't think your wife should be making the decision for your vehicle, it be like asking her to dye her hair purple, it should be your choice. I am assuming your SS is a company vehicle, you should transfer the title to yourself (sell it to yourself) so that it is not a company vehicle but a personal vehicle and thus does not have to follow the company trend.

since it sounds as if you and your wife own the business, you could mention that it's the way the customers know the boss is working at their location. white truck=regular employee red truck=da boss...

or just go white. :D

if it was my wife the next time she brought up the color white it would be to ask me if i want white bread on my sandwich!

You dudes talk a tough line. In reality, you are probably sucking up or are single!

I have a serious problem. My relationship is on the line over a damn scooter rental receipt. The white paint is likely to be punishment over what went on in Key West a month ago. I have fought the uniformity deal with the other trucks tooth and nail, but as it looks my choices boil down to:

1) buy her a car in other than white.

2) accept the white paint for the SS

3) trade in for a dodge or F150 in white

4) divorce and lose my business of 12 years, and get strapped with major support payments.

5) get a valum prescription and continue to ignore.

6) live sexless on the couch.

Maybe Christmas holiday will bring some relief. I want to wish all to be well, and have a prosperous new year. I will keep you posted to the decision I make. Wish me luck!

Merry Christmas,

JimJ

You dudes talk a tough line. In reality, you are probably sucking up or are single!

I'm married... going on 2 years. There are some basic ground rules that my wife understands:

1) I make the decisions on the vehicles... HERS AND MINE. The day she starts changing the oil, rotating the tires, washing, waxing, and maintaining is the day I even begin to consider listening to her in this area :smash:

2) MY TRUCK IS MY BUSINESS AND ONLY MY BUSINESS. If I spend some $$$ on mods it doesn't mean she gets to hold that over my head so she can get something for herself. :smash:

3) Touch my truck or cause damage to it and die! :devil:

4) TV's and other electronics are my domain as well... her only role in that area is to dust them and watch them. If she doesn't like the way the TV doesn't match her decor... TOUGH SH*T! :smash:

I give her control of the decorating of our house and include her on all our major financial decisions. You've got to pick your battles man! Don't let her hang something over your head just to make you paint your truck.

Not to flame here but your wife sounds like a real ball-buster! If shes talking divorce over a paintjob then I know exactly what you need to get her for X-mas:

A swift kick in the ass and a trip to the curb! :jester:

if it was my wife the next time she brought up the color white it would be to ask me if i want white bread on my sandwich!

I have a serious problem. My relationship is on the line over a damn scooter rental receipt. The white paint is likely to be punishment over what went on in Key West a month ago. I have fought the uniformity deal with the other trucks tooth and nail, but as it looks my choices boil down to:

1) buy her a car in other than white.

2) accept the white paint for the SS

3) trade in for a dodge or F150 in white

4) divorce and lose my business of 12 years, and get strapped with major support payments.

5) get a valum prescription and continue to ignore.

6) live sexless on the couch.

Maybe Christmas holiday will bring some relief. I want to wish all to be well, and have a prosperous new year. I will keep you posted to the decision I make. Wish me luck!

Merry Christmas,

JimJ

thats all great and grand Dylan...but tell us the truth...you are her slave :D

You just need to establish a clear division of labor.

I told my wife the following when we met:

She needs to handle the chick stuff, period.

Anything that plugs into the wall, or requires flamable liquid to run is my domain, period.

Saves the both of us lots of trouble.

At least being in Florida you won't have a WHITE CHRISTMAS. Even though your SS might be soon.

What does buying her a car in other than white do for the Problem?

Why do you have to trade it for a Ford or Dodge...GM Makes White Trucks.

Why not trade the SS on an Escalade EXT in white then drive it to Key West and find the hot chick she is accusing you of fooling aroung with and Nail her good!!!!

Archived