My wife wants me to have the SS painted white

JimJenson

and put the company logo on the doors so it will match the other trucks (nonSS) we have in the fleet. I have resisted this, but she handles the financials for the company and is threatening to trade it in for a standard Silverado or F150, since we get no recognition while traveling from job to job. What do you think? Should I accept the white, or trade in?

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

First off, I can't believe your letting your wife tell you what to do with your truck. I would personally jsut get a magnatized sign and throw 3 of them on the truck 2 sides and 1 on the talilgate. why would that be any different then having the whole damn truck painted a color it's not suppose to be.

the wife sure has you by the...throat, on this one. i know what it is like though. my mom does all the finances at our shop. it is like pulling teeth at times trying to get money out of her for things...

as for the white. i don't think it would look to bad. there have been several clones that are white that look good. i guess if she is willing to spend the money to paint it that is good.

i vote for keeping it...

If you ask nice maybe you can get her to settle on White Diamond like on the Escalades

:banghead: OUCH...it will be a clone in 99% of peoples eyes....but I think white diamond pearl would be very clean. As long as it's done clean...Ya know, all the jams, under hood, complete color change...it would be cool. Gotta keep the SS, and the wife happy but damn...you wouldn't be happy with a regular silvy after the ss... :sigh:

OR....get a White crew cab duramax :cheers::chevy::dunno:

How about trading it for the new GMC Sierra Denali Crew Cab?

It has the LQ9, the NVG-149 AWD, 4.10 gears.....plus 4 doors and the Denali interior....and it comes in white.

Now there is an idea....And if you change the color of your SS, say good bye to any resale value at all

If you trade in the SS, I'd think you'd lose your ass on it. But maybe it's tax deductible???

If your wife wants it white and is willing to write the check to get it done correctly, then by all means do it. Granted it might hurt resale but since it's used as a work truck you may keep it long enough that it wouldn't matter.

Looks wise, you'd be fine I think. :thumbs:

If it's a professional job I highly doubt you would lose anything on trade in (because of the color .... depreciation is another story). Tell her you will put vinyl decals on the windows and thats good enough, they have to know when THE MAN pulls up and not just a FLEET TRUCK.

Don't be a victim ... take control !! :D

Or if your wife is anything like mine ..... enjoy the white SS

Thanks for the suggestions so far. I am stuck between a rock and hard place. Maybe I should have got the base model in white. I have been listening to shit for 3 1/2 months about the bastard truck in the fleet. The wife cut the check for the purchase without asking color. Now all the suddon, it is a big deal.

Archived