Smoked Tail Lights

04CHASE

So I got tired of looking around for night shade or smoke paint so i just ordered two cans from Jegs.com. Hopefully it will be here soon so I can do it and get some pics up :thumbs:

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just got my paint in a few hours ago. And I just put the 1st coat of nite shade on. I'll let y'all know how it comes out and I'll post some pics when they get done! :thumbs:

• 1 month later...

Hate to bring up old posts but... Do you think one can of Niteshades will be enough, and what is a good over the counter clear rattle? I've heard good and bad things about testors clear. I will be doing this myself and not a bodyshop. thanks

a few local import shops sell it around here. you can get it at your local hobby store and get a transparent black it works good. but the clear coat needs to be a automotive paint . the rattle can clear just wont hold up over time.

one can is enough for one or two sets depending on the darkness.

i highly recommend not using rattle clear , it will not last. if you must pay someone to clear them with an automotive clear. it iwll hold up much better.

:thumbs:

i followed Chase's how to to a T and like he said, the rattle clear doesn't hold up. mine is fading after a few months. The tint still looks good and the reflectors still shine through, but he clear is starting to look dull.

:thumbs:

i followed Chase's how to to a T and like he said, the rattle clear doesn't hold up. mine is fading after a few months. The tint still looks good and the reflectors still shine through, but he clear is starting to look dull.

I am thinking about doing mine this weekend. How do you remove the tailights?

I am thinking about doing mine this weekend. How do you remove the tailights?

if you cant remove the taillights i dont think i would try to accomplish this. but imo look before you ask.

Archived