NEW OUTLAW Performance Intake

Dylan06SS

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply
For you guys that have bought this Outlaw Intake: Are you buying the blems or are you buying the good ones?

JOSH

They're not blems. Just pre-production models so there might be a couple of EXTREMELY minor imperfections on them. Nothing really noticable.

I won't have anything to say until mine gets here. Mine will be tested against the Steet and Performance Air Max Intake that I have. I have nothing against the one I have just hope this is better. By the way mine shipped today.

OK! Let me be the first! I have got the phone call from the wife and I will be installing it tonight after work.

WOW this turned into a pissin match over what?

I thought this was about the opportunity exclusively presented to the SSforum!

I may be a newbie but this is getting out of hand!

I am disappointed and surprised that we are NOT supporting: :nonod:

1:"Dylanvonkleist" for bringing us the real deal and continuing to be our bridge to a company that has not from what I have seem blatantly ADVERTISED! I have seen many forums where it is out of hand propaganda.

2. The efforts of a company who has decided to look into the supercharger issue,(in a week or so) only because we have mentioned it. They are going to provide testing with our members present. We see the results when they do. What more do we want?

Someone please post the supercharger test date and time and address........if allowed.

I will post first impressions this evening. Not pics unless I borrow my friends digicam, I'm still low tech SLR! Besides pics have been posted.I did receive a pic of a half-filter via email that didn't get posted. anyone else? I don't know how to post a pic anyways.

I am disappointed and surprised that we are NOT supporting: :nonod:

1:"Dylanvonkleist" for bringing us the real deal and continuing to be our bridge to a company that has not from what I have seem blatantly ADVERTISED! I have seen many forums where it is out of hand propaganda.

2. The efforts of a company who has decided to look into the  supercharger issue,(in a week or so) only because we have mentioned it. They are going to provide testing with our members present. We see the results when they do. What more do we want?

Someone please post the supercharger test date and time and address........if allowed.

First thanks for the kind words :cheers:

Second I don't want to post the test locale or time b/c its not my place to do so. The guys at Outlaw should be the ones to post that info if they are interested in having more than the originally discussed people there. If they give me the green light to post time/date/location info I will.

Can't wait to hear what you think about the system :thumbs:

OK, instructed to be as general as possible and save the feedback for the form. Then we can give specific details.

Well.......it looks like "dylanvonkleist"'s pictures. It does have a wow factor when you are pulling the big ass filter and airbox out. and the tube looks like nothing I have seen before(it isn't a regular tube).

Follow the tips that were emailed!

And another tip to add is "don't do the install in the dark or rely on your wife to hold the flashlight in the right area!" :mad:

I can't give a comparison to anything because I had a POS drop-in.

Night and day is the difference from stock. Actually I am not sure what I am allowed to say? :confused:

My expectations were kinda high (for performance) because of all the hoopla goin on.

Didn't disappoint. I haven't installed any other intake for comparison.

Damn, I'm not very helpful am I :(

I will keep everyone posted once I hear a reply from Outlaw?

OK, instructed to be as general as possible and save the feedback for the form.

IMPORTANT TIP FOR YOU GUYS:

DO NOT NEGLECT TO PUT ON THE RADIATOR HOSE WRAP! Especially the lower one. It passes very close to the lower edge of the box and could potentially rub there if not sheilded.

Also... don't over-tighten the screws that hold the filter in place. When it gets hot under the hood those holes have a tendency to open up and allow the screw to slip thru. I ended up installing small washers just as extra insurance.

Happy driving guys! :thumbs:

-Dylan :cheers:

"Jonmalibuss" anything, I know you mentioned working at Banks? what do you do there? Got the hookups?

Well we currently don't make anything for the SS they do the Diesels and a lot of gas trucks but they never really seemed to interested in the SS because it is more of a specialty vehicle and probably wouldn't be worth the R&D for us to design an exhaust as for intakes they actually have the same company doing our plastic moulding as volant does there for I do know for a fact and I asked today because I was getting the outlaw and I was told all Volant does is remove the factory airbox and stick a block of wood in the area and carve on it till he likes the shape/look of it and thats that!

As for hook ups it's really hard to get anything out of them for the really new stuff so I wasn't even going to try I did manage to get them to buy me a dual 2 1/2" maganflow with the cross over in it because they had peeked interest in it so I did an exhaust back pressure test and I can say stock the highest reading I got was 2psi the magna flow reduced it to 1psi which is 50% so not to bad!

We had a bitchin set of shorty headders that would drop right in but they discontinued those so I snagged the jigs over to my welding bench and made my own set!

As for what I do there I am a fabricator in their race shop anything from body fabrication to chassis fabrication. I'm working on getting them interested in a twin turbo setup for the SS this is something i'm not waiting around for them to decide on i'm just going to start building my 408 low compression stroker and see if Gale gets interested! :dunno:

Jon

is outlaw still distributing these to ss guys? if so im interested in testing one. i was leaning towards the new volant or k&n but the outlaw is intruiging... i wanna see how well it does and if it makes a difference up here in alaskas weather.

I think I am going to hold off buying one for a while. I know the tests look good but I did a lot of reserch as did everyone else here on this site when the Volant was the hottest thing around and now it seems the opinion is that most would rather keep the stock box.

Thanks for all the input everyone has given with thier testing and keep it coming.

JOSH :thumbs:

Please PM me if you have any questions.

To the mods:  I'll have someone contact you from Outlaw so a mutually beneficial arrangement can be made.

Sincerely,

Outlaw Tech

Sounds good and the right way to do it. Please contact Mervz though. He's the man to work out any arrangement. Male sure you PM him and email. If you have trouble with that, I'll give you his home phone number. Although most members may not understand what has transpired, it is the rules, good oppurtunity or not.

Personally, I don't have a problem with any of it. But, certain members will be the first to point out that something is happening that shouldn't. So, to keep them quiet and to really follow our guidelines (ones we have been given), doing it the right way will make it better for ALL parties involved.

Archived