NEW OUTLAW Performance Intake

Dylan06SS

It's only my opinion, I think, but I just don't see how that intake can be better than a Volant with the ram air setup (plus my modification) and a ram air setup doesn't seem possible with the outlaw system (unsure of it's full capability).  This is all debatable of course.  Just wonder if Dylan can strap on a homemade ram air on his Volant box and show us the results.  I would like to see more runs and maybe some with a ram air.  Then I'd be a believer - maybe.

Ben:

I looked at the 2 kits side by side and the drop tube at the bottom is the EXACT same size and place. Before I sold the scoop from my Volant to someone I did a test fit and it worked just fine. Outlaw said that they have no plans on making a scoop, but the volant one would line up fine.... or theres always the homemade option. :thumbs:

***BTW: I just noticed you edited Outlaws post... I can understand the mods stance on not allowing outside vendors to sell, but these systems are being offered as a R&D test. As they have stated they will not be selling directly, but only thru retailers. I really don't understand why this is unacceptable if it is of a benefit to the members of this site and the overall freedom of information. THERE HAS BEEN NO SOLICITATION all participants are volunteering their time, trucks, and opinions towards the development of a product for our trucks. This is not the best way to promote the site. Bad move IMO :nono:

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I seriously doubt that even with the drop tube or ram air , the problems are not being fixed but being masked(bandaid). Now if you want to buy those extra features just to MAYBE reach a level of performance that you can get from an intake, then be my guest. It is almost always perception until you actually test it. I thought my drop-in made a significant increased. But my butt nor are many butts a calibrated device. :P

IMO:

Lets see intake + droptube+ramair = a longer list of performance parts.

But when I pull up next to someone I could careless what parts they have or how many.

It just makes them look confused :eek: as I mention few parts then smokem! :driving:

Let me just say I have a lot more wiggle room to say these thing because I was only using a drop-in and had not invested in another intake. I am not sure how I would feel if I already owned one. So I am not saying one view is better than the other!

BTW:I am not saying I can smoke "BenKey"! :) Just all generalized!

I guess an even better or equal point came from "SSminneapoliss": :thumbs:

"my reasoning for ditching the volant has more to do with their unwillingness to reply to any communication...yeah i am sure their product can get the job done. but i would rather spend money on a product that has good people behind it. people that are willing to help and that are continually looking for better ways to do things... !"

my reasoning for ditching the volant has more to do with their unwillingness to reply to any communication...yeah i am sure their product can get the job done. but i would rather spend money on a product that has good people behind it. people that are willing to help and that are continually looking for better ways to do things...

and by the looks of it ben, you will stand behind anything...product or service.

First of all, I never condemned anyone's choice, never said anyone was wrong in doing. I only stated that "in my opinion" I didn't see what the big diff would be, especially if you already had the Volant + ram air.

What you do is your choice. Plain and simple.

Dylan, SSminn - all I did was remove an email address. There was nothing else to edit.

The site should not be used for selling items unless you are a sponsor. The same goes for advertising. It also is wrong to come on and advertise products without the approval of the site Admin.

I personally think it is great that the company is doing what they are doing. If I was in the market for an intake, I'd be looking to get one also. But, promotion or not, the vendor cannot come on here and post about the product without going through the proper procedures to do so. You guys can post about it all you want. He has a set of different rules.

If Zippy or Dave disagree, then I will leave alone any further postings from the vendor.

The site should not be used for selling items unless you are a sponsor.  The same goes for advertising.  It also is wrong to come on and advertise products without the approval of the site Admin.

or unless you want them to sell things or be able to post...but i guess if it is good for ben then it's good for everyone else.

i am not going to discount your contribution to the site ben. many have received good sound advice from you - including myself. but i think that to often you moderate by opinion. i know that i am not alone on this one. and like other things many people would rather just let it go than say something about it. but i ticks me off.

Mr. i have 6million posts and what i say goes - doesn't work for me...but that is just me.

there are obviously people that are interested in the Outlaw product(s). so why not let us talk about them...and if the company that produces the products wants to stop in and say thanks or give an email so that people can contact them more easily then so be it. the selling and advertising has already been done...and it wasn't by Outlaw, it was by a member of the site whom had tested the product and provided results...

or unless you want them to sell things or be able to post...but i guess if it is good for ben then if it good for everyone else.

It's not for the good of me, I don't get paid for this. This site does have some rules.

i am not going to discount your contribution to the site ben. many have received good sound advice from you - including myself. but i think that to often you moderate by opinion. i know that i am not alone on this one. and like other things many people would rather just let it go than say something about it. but i ticks me off.

Right to a point. I do things based on my opinion for the site, not my personal opinion.

there are obviously people that are interested in the Outlaw product(s). so why not let us talk about them...and if the company that produces the products wants to stop in and say thanks or give an email so that people can contact them more easily then so be it. the selling and advertising has already been done...and it wasn't by Outlaw, it was by a member of the site whom had tested the product and provided results...

I have done nothing to stop what you guys are doing or saying, although I have stated my personal opinion, which is my right. I have tried to keep the vendor fom posting about his product, thus the note in his post. If he doesn't, then there is a good chance that the post would need to be removed. So, what little I have done, is to make sure the thread stays. Sorry you don't see it that way, or have difficulty seeing the big picture.

Now, what was this thread about again?

**I did get concurrence from a fellow moderator - if that means anything.

First of all, I never condemned anyone's choice, never said anyone was wrong in doing.  I only stated that "in my opinion" I didn't see what the big diff would be, especially if you already had the Volant + ram air. 

What you do is your choice.  Plain and simple.

Dylan, SSminn - all I did was remove an email address.  There was nothing else to edit.

The site should not be used for selling items unless you are a sponsor.  The same goes for advertising.  It also is wrong to come on and advertise products without the approval of the site Admin.

I personally think it is great that the company is doing what they are doing.  If I was in the market for an intake, I'd be looking to get one also.  But, promotion or not, the vendor cannot come on here and post about the product without going through the proper procedures to do so.  You guys can post about it all you want.  He has a set of different rules.

If Zippy or Dave disagree, then I will leave alone any further postings from the vendor.

I don't want this to become an argument so I'll just reply by saying they are not trying to sell the product... its simply a research and development program. I'm sure you are not going to deny that other products and services have been 'promoted' on this site before w/o the admins permission or supporting vendor status.

You guys are the mods so its your decsion... just know that I don't think its a good idea to alienate a potential contributor to the site.

I have done nothing to stop what you guys are doing or saying.  I have tried to keep the vendor from posting about his product, thus the note in his post.  If he doesn't, then there is a good chance that the post would need to be removed.  So, what little I have done, is to make sure the thread stays.  Sorry you don't see it that way, or have difficulty seeing the big picture.

i think it is a different picture that we are looking at Ben...there are certainly members that see it from both sides... and whatever rational led you to believe that i do not i hope it continues to work for you....

78599548.jpg

i think the thread was about Outlaw Performance

I don't want this to become an argument so I'll just reply by saying they are not trying to sell the product... its simply a research and development program. I'm sure you are not going to deny that other products and services have been 'promoted' on this site before w/o the admins permission or supporting vendor status.

You guys are the mods so its your decsion... just know that I don't think its a good idea to alienate a potential contributor to the site.

I know it's not selling, but it is advertising. That also is not allowed without permission. If the Admins give it a go, then they can fire away.

Other products have been offered for periods without vendor status only because they were also SS owners, and offered specialty items made specifically for the SS. But, that changed after a while. Now they both have vendor status. Anything else would have had the approval from the admins.

What was done should not alienate any potential vendor. They know what needs to be done.

Archived