NEW OUTLAW Performance Intake

Dylan06SS

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I have had a Volant system for going on 4yrs, or so. It's the same one that was on my last truck. You can't knock a company that changes their design to make it better, I guess. They get a little credit for that in my book. I won't debate which system is better.

The Volant system does make it much easier to do a ram-air type design, whether homemade, or buying theirs. Since the box come ready to accept the drop-down tube.

One thing I did to my truck, this one and last, is enlarge the opening in the fender with a sawz-all to match the opening in the airbox. A few years back in SportTruck magazine dyno tests were done from doing it and the vehicle gained about 4hp. Not much, but about the difference in one airbox to the other. Just a suggestion. Some people don't like cutting on their truck, especially if it's new. You can imagine my wife's reaction to me doing it after only having it 3 days.

Well who's in at #3 because I got in at #4!!! :cheers:

Hope I get in on this. I just got on-line to check my email and got the promo email. :smash: I need a reason to add the gtech anyway. I can tell the wife it's for business testing purposes :devil: I told outlaw I wouldn't mind selling some stuff for them, but that I'm not a major web distributor. I'm thinking maybe I can make some changes to the web site:Webfastbuys and add a performance section or just build another web mall. It's winter weather around here any way. Might as well sit in my PC room and stay on the web :jester:

I'm looking forward to seeing the results of the FI test. :D

A LOT of interest in this new intake. If this Outlaw outfit does it right with a good product and good service Volant is gonna be hurtn' for certn.' :yellow_loser:

I have had a Volant system for going on 4yrs, or so.  It's the same one that was on my last truck.  You can't knock a company that changes their design to make it better, I guess.  They get a little credit for that in my book.  I won't debate which system is better.

The Volant system does make it much easier to do a ram-air type design, whether homemade, or buying theirs.  Since the box come ready to accept the drop-down tube.

One thing I did to my truck, this one and last, is enlarge the opening in the fender with a sawz-all to match the opening in the airbox.  A few years back in SportTruck magazine dyno tests were done from doing it and the vehicle gained about 4hp.  Not much, but about the difference in one airbox to the other.  Just a suggestion.  Some people don't like cutting on their truck, especially if it's new.  You can imagine my wife's reaction to me doing it after only having it 3 days.

Ben it sounds like you are pretty saticfied with the Volant the way you have it set up. Not I know you are usually the first to try squeeezing just a little ponies, so are you going to keep the set up you have? Just wondering :dunno:

JOSH

Ben it sounds like you are pretty saticfied with the Volant the way you have it set up. Not I know you are usually the first to try squeeezing just a little ponies, so are you going to keep the set up you have? Just wondering :dunno:

JOSH

I'm keeping what I have. My intake won't matter much when I strap on the STS.

It's only my opinion, I think, but I just don't see how that intake can be better than a Volant with the ram air setup (plus my modification) and a ram air setup doesn't seem possible with the outlaw system (unsure of it's full capability). This is all debatable of course. Just wonder if Dylan can strap on a homemade ram air on his Volant box and show us the results. I would like to see more runs and maybe some with a ram air. Then I'd be a believer - maybe.

JOSH

I'm keeping what I have. My intake won't matter much when I strap on the STS.

It's only my opinion, I think, but I just don't see how that intake can be better than a Volant with the ram air setup (plus my modification) and a ram air setup doesn't seem possible with the outlaw system (unsure of it's full capability). This is all debatable of course. Just wonder if Dylan can strap on a homemade ram air on his Volant box and show us the results. I would like to see more runs and maybe some with a ram air. Then I'd be a believer - maybe.

my reasoning for ditching the volant has more to do with their unwillingness to reply to any communication...yeah i am sure their product can get the job done. but i would rather spend money on a product that has good people behind it. people that are willing to help and that are continually looking for better ways to do things...

and by the looks of it ben, you will stand behind anything...product or service.

Archived