NEW OUTLAW Performance Intake

Dylan06SS

Disclaimer: This is only to the people that have tried to get help from Volant to no avail. For those of you that are happy with them, please feel free to skip this post.

I offer one other point ot view concerning the diapers/stinky volant package:

Sending that package to them shows that you are thinking about them, be it hate or dislike.

To me the biggest dis to them would be apathy. i.e. do nothing because they ARE nothing.

That's what they have done to you that have called and written them emails.

They should get what they give, NOTHING.

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

In some ways I agree with you haulin79... but the thing is that they wouldn't even give us the chance to let us know what we think of their customer service.

What would really hurt them is to convince as many dealers of their product that it is inferior and to start carrying anything else (preferrably Outlaws kit :D )

With the response I've gotten so far I doubt they'd even know I sent them dog shi*t.... probably wouldn't ever get opened. :mad:

UPDATE:

Looks like testing on a forced induction motor will be taking place around the 8th of January. I'll be there to get some pics and preliminary data for you guys. My one concern is that the testing is going to be done on a truck w/ a Vortech system and I'm not sure how that data will translate to Radix equiped trucks? :confused: Do you think that the gains/losses would vary from system to system by alot? If one supercharger benefits could another type see different results. Obviously we can't expect Outlaw to test EVERY SINGLE variable out there... but what do you guys think? :dunno:

UPDATE:

Looks like testing on a forced induction motor will be taking place around the 8th of January. I'll be there to get some pics and preliminary data for you guys. My one concern is that the testing is going to be done on a truck w/ a Vortech system and I'm not sure how that data will translate to Radix equiped trucks?  :confused:  Do you think that the gains/losses would vary from system to system by alot? If one supercharger benefits could another type see different results. Obviously we can't expect Outlaw to test EVERY SINGLE variable out there... but what do you guys think?  :dunno:

What's the difference between the two systems (i.e. geometry, etc.)? I think you are right in assuming there could be differences between the two systems. IMO, it would be great to correlate based on HP only if that even yields valid results.

vortech is centrifugal and the radix is roots.... I'm just thinking that one type of forced induction might be affected differently than the other because of the way it operates. I'm not the best person to be forming these theories... but I'm just curious what you guys think? Would the results from one type of supercharger hold true for all superchargers regardless of type? :dunno:

vortech is centrifugal and the radix is roots.... I'm just thinking that one type of forced induction might be affected differently than the other because of the way it operates. I'm not the best person to be forming these theories... but I'm just curious what you guys think? Would the results from one type of supercharger hold true for all superchargers regardless of type?  :dunno:

You might be able to base it on boost. If you think about it, does it matter what creates the boost as long as its available...Now we're getting into the efficiency and how steady the boost is. Does anyone have the efficiency curves for the two types of superchargers?

Just a thought...

You might be able to base it on boost.  If you think about it, does it matter what creates the boost as long as its available...Now we're getting into the efficiency and how steady the boost is.  Does anyone have the efficiency curves for the two types of superchargers?

Just a thought...

My thought was that differnet systems create different boost levels at differnet RPMs. The vortech is going to need higher RPM to create boost than the Radix (i think) so would 0-40 or 0-60mph testing give accurate info for both? Seems the Radix would see most if any benefit at low RPM while the vortech would see it all on the top end :dunno:

Dylan, Have you heard when these will be available? :driving:  :flag:

E-mail them.

My thought was that differnet systems create different boost levels at differnet RPMs. The vortech is going to need higher RPM to create boost than the Radix (i think) so would 0-40 or 0-60mph testing give accurate info for both? Seems the Radix would see most if any benefit at low RPM while the vortech would see it all on the top end  :dunno:

The radix is still powered like a vortech, right? I would say with a turbo vs. radix/vortech you should see a difference because they are powered differently (turbo-exhaust, vortech-belt driven). The radix may have less losses than a vortech. :dunno:

Do you or the people running the tests have a way to measure boost using data acquistion systems? If you were able to do that, you could monitor the boost pressure and make a correlation to boost. I think for the entire test, to be statistically sound, the number of runs and boost pressures would explode the number of individual tests you would have to do. You could have them set a basis for the supercharged (roots or centrifugal) then consult a dynamics and ic engine emphasis phd about the correlation to the other that wasn't tested. I know a phd with a solid background in CFD (computational fluid dynamics) and ic engines. This would definitely be in his area.

Makes sense. I'm gonna leave the variables to the guys at Outlaw... its their test to do, I just want to make sure that any info I bring back to you guys is useable and unbiased. I'll keep you all posted on what comes out of the test. :thumbs:

I just got an email back from Aaron at Outlaw...

"Thank you for your interest in Outlaw cold air intake systems. We have tested the SS and found that Volant does not increase performance, but this testing is with a naturally aspirated vehicle. We are scheduled to perform testing on a supercharged (Radix) SS on January 8th. I will have performance data regarding our kit on that date. We are anxiously looking forward to testing the supercharged vehicle."

I've got my calendar marked. :D

Anyone have pricing info?

WW :cool:

I'm sure they'll be up for it. I'm helping get the forced induction test setup... maybe we can tackle the new Volant on the same day??? Do you think we'd need to test the volant on my truck to keep the results as balanced as possible?  :dunno:

I'll help too! I have the new volant and live even closer!

Man, looks like alot of people are waiting to see how the outlaw performs on my truck.  Im hoping for some good results also. :thumbs:

Yeah, Im waiting to see the results. I hope it has gains with the Radix too because I will get one laterand hope it doesn't hurt when I get it>

JOSH

Archived