***NEW WHEELS***

r8rs4lf

Well, I finally got them on my truck. Many thanks to Bryan @ Intro, he's a stand up guy! :thumbs:

I ended up mounting them on Nitto 305/40/22. It's very close when the wheel is turned all the way, but I haven't heard any rubbing.

Here is a before pic.

76622659.jpg

And now.......

76930970.jpg

76931965.jpg

76930960.jpg

76930957.jpg

Late- Alex

The ride seems to be getting better and better everytime I do something. It rides alot smoother than when I had those stock Goodyear LS tires on there. I've heard alot of people say that the ride gets worse with lower profile tires, but I haven't had that experience. At least not yet! Also, I had three of the four stock wheels/tires in my bed and it didn't bottom out once on the way home and it took me a good 45 minutes to get home because I got a smokin deal on the tires, but I did have to travel a bit.

Late- Alex

No, it's a 8.5" rim. I did go with a wider tire, 305/40/22. Maybe it's the offset that is throwing you off. Some people told me that would be too wide, but no rubbing issues as of yet.

Also, I don't know if you know, but Intro custom makes every wheel for your specific application. I had to wait about 3 1/2 weeks for these to be done. I saw a lip on a 10" rim, man it was sick!

Late- Alex

No, it's a 8.5" rim. I did go with a wider tire, 305/40/22. Maybe it's the offset that is throwing you off. Some people told me that would be too wide, but no rubbing issues as of yet.

Also, I don't know if you know, but Intro custom makes every wheel for your specific application. I had to wait about 3 1/2 weeks for these to be done. I saw a lip on a 10" rim, man it was sick!

Late-  Alex

Sadly, I know all about Intro and their lag times....... try 5 months. :mad:

Anyway, I just prefer a squared off tire on the rim, hence I could tell that these were pulled in. If that was a 10" rim, I was going to have to adjust my percieved layout. Look at it this way, you've got great curb protection. ;)

Again, looks great!

Late-  Alex

Sadly, I know all about Intro and their lag times....... try 5 months. :mad:

Anyway, I just prefer a squared off tire on the rim, hence I could tell that these were pulled in. If that was a 10" rim, I was going to have to adjust my percieved layout. Look at it this way, you've got great curb protection. ;)

Again, looks great!

Ok, now I understand what you were talking about. It's like that because I went with a 305 instead of a 285 on a 8.5" rim. I thought the same thing as you when I first saw it mounted on my truck, now it's growing on me. The main reason for the 305 is because only two companies make a 285/40/22 and both would have taken weeks to get.

Why 5 months????

Late- Alex

Archived