FAST intake..

GEAR M UP

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The Guys at Speed Inc. did all the work, but I think they sent out the wire harness.....

The wire harness is the last thing I'm waiting for before we get her up on the dyno and see what we got HP/TQ.

I did the LS2 90mm TB, F-Body water pump, FAST 90mm intake and all the goodies to make that work.....

Oh yeah I also did a 150 wet shot :D

Just an FYI....If your interested in doing the 90mm Intake and TB they will be selling all special parts (spacers, brackets, wire harness, etc.) to make this work on our trucks.

Updated pictures, it looks like everyone took off this week. :mad:

Looks like next week for the wire harness....

It looks like one of the bolts is hitting the belt also, we need to shave that down, but it should not be an issue....

Here are some updated pictures with the FAST 90mm intake, 90mm TB, Nitrous, and gauges....

78458483.jpg

78458461.jpg

78458450.jpg

78458441.jpg

78458327.jpg

78455550.jpg

78458493.jpg

Excellent. I can see they put the idler pulley in the same location I suggested. Looks like they moved to an aeromotive fuel pressure regulator and cuntom fuel rails. I'm curious to see how they kept the truck engine cover. I assume they rigged up a bracket of some sort over the FAST. At first I saw all the lines and the 3 solenoids and assumed it was a direct port. Then I realized its single stage wet kit with purge.

Looks very good. Thanks for the pics.

***EDIT - Now I can see the black painted strap metan they used to support the truck cover.

Excellent.  I can see they put the idler pulley in the same location I suggested.  Looks like they moved to an aeromotive fuel pressure regulator and cuntom fuel rails.  I'm curious to see how they kept the truck engine cover.  I assume they rigged up a bracket of some sort over the FAST.  At first I saw all the lines and the 3 solenoids and assumed it was a direct port.  Then I realized its single stage wet kit with purge. 

Looks very good.  Thanks for the pics.

***EDIT - Now I can see the black painted strap metan they used to support the truck cover.

Richard I owe you a Big Thank You! Thanks for the work instructions to get the F-Body water pump on and everything with the intake/TB.

A Very Serious "Thank You"..... :thumbs:

I'll get with Larry after he gets back from vacation to modify your work instructions to what we did.

Some the hiccups we ran into.......

1. I know we had a few issues with the LS2 intake...Custom fuel lines (they can do just expensive); modify the fuel rail mounts, and a few other little issues that pulled me over the FAST intake....

2. We had an issue with the wiring harness also, but we just ordered a custom one.....

3. We did not grind the bolt down enough and the belt was rubbing....

Love those gauges GEAR M UP, love those gauges every time I see them. You always have trick set ups.

JOSH

Thanks Josh.... :thumbs:

Is the bolt visible in your first picture? The one under the belt coming off the water pump to the alternator? If so, you might be able to run a larger diameter ASP alternator pulley which will move the belt out a bit more. I've got one, I'll measure the diameter this evening.

You are entirely welcome for the help. I dig this stuff. :)

• 1 year later...

Archived