SS beats a "Heavily Moddoed" L ....

ELEGALCHEV

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...
:pop: this guy is good, so I see gm did go ahead and make that contcept truck back in 2000 with that bad a$$ ls1 6.6 liter engine with the 475 hp. Damn dude where did you get yours cause i am taking my 2003 ss back cause i got my a$$ kicked by a lightning. But dont worry brother i have got a lil supprise for that old ford. But the only thing i have to say about lightning is, when you take his bottle away from him (supercharger), you aint got nothing but a big ole baby with a lot of chest pains. :cheers::thumbs:

Well, I don't imagine your SS would be "all that" either, if it was running 8.5:1 compression. :) (this is the compression ratio of the S/C 5.4, btw)

Just like Ford didn't just "slap a supercharger on" the 5.4.

If you took the supercharger off of the L, and lowered the compression ratio of the 6.0 in the SS to 8.5:1, then you could have a race of the "slower than dog sh*t" trucks. :jester: It would be more of a race of "who didn't die of old age before reaching the finish line."

Type in cst supercharger in your address box and go to chapmen supercharger site and look what happen to that ford lightning when they added that same charger that the lightning has to a 5.3 liter 2003 chevy. The lignting got his a$$ kicked. I called the guy who built that truck and he said that they beat the lightning after it had another $2800 invested in his charger. Or go to www.chapmansupertrucks.com

I'd love for that hoser to pull next to ME on the highway and gun it.... The SS is a nice truck but my 9 y/o Lightning would eat him alive. Tsk, tsk ...shouldn't tell fibs, son. :nono:

Miami_Lightning

Do you Ford guys just get on the GM sites to see what we're saying about Fords? :chevy:

I guess I don't get it. It bothers me not what you Ford guys might be saying about the SS or any other GM product. Move on if you don't want to hear about someone else talking about their "SS". Which is what the forum is based on. :chevy:

:chevy::chevy::chevy::chevy::chevy::chevy::chevy:

One night we should all go onto the Ford forum and let them have it. :smash::smash:

With what? "My Truck is more Practical, NAH, NAH"

SOrry needed to get that out, I don't come here to bash, I merely am here to enjoy a conversation with guys about trucks, so far its been pretty decent and I have been on this board for a long time... If you want to complain all boards have a Legion of "The Darkside" roosting in the topics.... NLOC has plenty of R/T boys that are there primarily to make posts last 14 pages worth of flame wars, not all R/T boys are bad, just some.... They cause you to have to ammend posts so that you don't insult them too much (insecurity and all) or else they go off about the upcoming SRT....

WHatever, get used to it man, some guys aren't here to bash, some guys are just here to see what is going on in the truck world....

-Joe

Do you Ford guys just get on the GM sites to see what we're saying about Fords?   :chevy:

I guess I don't get it.  It bothers me not what you Ford guys might be saying about the SS or any other GM product.  Move on if you don't want to hear about someone else talking about their "SS".  Which is what the forum is based on. :chevy:

BenKey, dude, you obviously have NOT been reading my few posts here.... On more than one occasion I've complemented Chevy on producing a fine truck in the SSS. I'm not here primarily to start flame wars, although I can certainly oblige if provoked. PotBellyJoe and I are usually found on the NLOC board, but come here to see what the competition's up to. You can liken it to walking around the pits on Saturday morning at the strip - I'm a Ford-Man and I like fast trucks and will stop to look at them - even BowTies every now and then.

But even you Chevy-types knew that that a-hole was lying about his 'kills' and deserved to be taken to task. I merely suggested that, no matter how hard he wished it to be so, his new SS was NOT gonna beat my 9 yo Lightning. I'd gaurantee that!!

SO go easy on us Ford guys, Ben. Without Ford Lightnings, GM would have nothing to aspire to. :lol:

Jeeeesh, Joe, these Chevy-types are real thin-skinned, eh?

Miami_Lightning

Don

Archived