Simplified Electric Fan Post

vdrumright

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Ive got my electric fans installed,its pretty easy it may have took an hour at the most. Throttle response is better, maybe a little more power I dont no, but I like them looks pretty good once tghere installed. :cool:

Were there any special screws you needed to get as mentioned above that didnt come with the fans?

Zippy or Creed would you know what type of mounting screws those are?

Congrats, you'll like dealing with this guy.

I bought an additional PCM from him for $70.

I was at the dealer this morning talking to my service writer about the fans.

He's interested in seeing how they turn out.

Received my replacements today, got the PCM too. :D

WW :cool:

Congrats, you'll like dealing with this guy.

I bought an additional PCM from him for $70.

I was at the dealer this morning talking to my service writer about the fans.

He's interested in seeing how they turn out.

Received my replacements today, got the PCM too. :D

WW :cool:

i get mine today, should see mr UPS by 2pm :-)

I am having a little problem trying to get the pin 42 exposed from the metal shell. I see there are 2 white plastic tabs that hold them in place, is this where i push them in and pull the wire out(to expose the pins). If so im having a problem cause i cant get them out. How did you do it? :confused:

The rest seemed to be a no brainer. Hopefully fans will come tomorrow and i can finish the install.

thanks!

I am having a little problem trying to get the pin 42 exposed from the metal shell.  I see there are 2 white plastic tabs that hold them in place, is this where i push them in and pull the wire out(to expose the pins).  If so im having a problem cause i cant get them out.  How did you do it?  :confused:

The rest seemed to be a no brainer.  Hopefully fans will come tomorrow and i can finish the install.

thanks!

I'm not sure what your trying to expose Makani. All you have to do is push the pin connector that is attached to the pcm wire on your fan harness into the 42 pin hole of the PCM harness. until it is seated like the others

page3.jpg

page4.jpg

The is no disassemble of that pcm connector required.

uncle vince,

the pic of the harness doesnt look like that on my PCM, it is incased in a metal housing that then connects to the pcm.

So for step 6, those are the wires that connect to the PCM that you bolt in correct? Are yours not in a metal casing?

I have a request for the next couple of people that are doing this upgrade. I need some pictures of the stock fan removal process.

I have had several people pm me wanting to do this mod but were a little aprehensive about the installation. if i can get some pics I'll improve the instructions. If I dont get any pics soon, i'll do my install over so I can help others out.

Vince

mine were shipped today and im going to see if i can have someone reprogram my pcm to work , but i still need to order the harness and where do you get the metal piece to stick in the pin on the pcm?

Archived