'03/'04/'05

Smokey

Fyi, I hope this is not a repost, but after conducting several searches and finding nothing I decided to ask...hope I'm safe :)

So first year is 2003. In 2004 were there any "standard" differences? Any 'kinks' that were worked out? I'm 99% that no other options were available in the next year.

Then as for 2004-2005, the 05 has the standard dual E-fans, and the optional sunroof... are those the only differences? But again I would like to ask if there were any kinks removed; improvements made?

Obviously there are basic pricing brackets between the three sets of years so what I'm getting at is if I did get this truck are there good reasons to opt for the more recent years? Or are they simply carryovers with no improvements and I could simply get the 03 model for less mulah?

Fyi, I hope this is not a repost, but after conducting several searches and finding nothing I decided to ask...hope I'm safe :)

So first year is 2003.  In 2004 were there any "standard" differences?  Any 'kinks' that were worked out?  I'm 99% that no other options were available in the next year.

Then as for 2004-2005, the 05 has the standard dual E-fans, and the optional sunroof... are those the only differences?  But again I would like to ask if there were any kinks removed; improvements made?

Obviously there are basic pricing brackets between the three sets of years so what I'm getting at is if I did get this truck are there good reasons to opt for the more recent years?  Or are they simply carryovers with no improvements and I could simply get the 03 model for less mulah?

You pretty much have all of the differences above. The only thing I can see is that rather than fabric door inserts on the '03's you get rubber (hard plastic) inserts on the '04's.

To be honest I would go for an 03, then you don't have to worry about depreciation. Since it will be pretty much bottomed out. The only major thing that I can think of is electronic fans which can be done easily.

Dave

The 05 has dual exhaust pipes into the muffler that look to be about 2 5/8 or 2 3/4 dia and a single pipe out. There is no Y-pipe and just a small cat on each down header pipe. Should make conversion to a true dual system quite easy. Hanging a second muffler may require some fabrication.

The 05 has dual exhaust pipes into the muffler that look to be about 2 5/8 or 2 3/4 dia and a single pipe out.  There is no Y-pipe and just a small cat on each down header pipe.  Should make conversion to a true dual system quite easy.  Hanging a second muffler may require some fabrication.

I'm pretty sure my '03 has that same exhaust setup....

Nate

The 05 has dual exhaust pipes into the muffler that look to be about 2 5/8 or 2 3/4 dia and a single pipe out.  There is no Y-pipe and just a small cat on each down header pipe.  Should make conversion to a true dual system quite easy.  Hanging a second muffler may require some fabrication.

I'm pretty sure my '03 has that same exhaust setup....

Nate

The 03 has a dual pipe with two cats and duals to the muffler

and after the muffler two pipes come out and there is a y going into a 3" tail pipe

Archived