Need a small favor from someone with a stock ride height SS...

page305

So I started a suspension overhaul on my front end. Got the truck all jacked up and lifted and sitting catty-wompus right now with the control arms off. I forgot to measure center of hub to fender while the truck was on the ground so I can pre-load the suspension before torquing the control arm bushings down.

Would someone mind measuring their stock ride height SS while it's sitting one the ground normally (front center of wheel to fender lip) for me so I don't have to reassemble everything and take the truck off the jacks just to take it all back apart again to pre-load?

Thanks so much gents!

Edited by page305 (see edit history)

10 hours ago, someotherguy said:

I can get this for you tomorrow.. already in bed not gonna throw clothes on just to go out for some measurements.  The trucks here are '06 RWD SS but shouldn't be any difference in stock ride height AFAIK.

Richard

I appreciate it very much, I had to order a tool so it's still on jacks until at least tomorrow.

Quickie tape measure with the tab up against fender lip, measure to center of wheel I've got 20.25"~20.5", checked both sides just to get the range as I haven't seen a vehicle yet that sits completely dead level.  Also figure you're not shooting for rocket science accuracy here for torquing down your suspension, either.

Richard

1 hour ago, someotherguy said:

Quickie tape measure with the tab up against fender lip, measure to center of wheel I've got 20.25"~20.5", checked both sides just to get the range as I haven't seen a vehicle yet that sits completely dead level.  Also figure you're not shooting for rocket science accuracy here for torquing down your suspension, either.

Richard

That's perfect! No, not going for perfection, just to minimize the effect on the rubbers. Thank you so much; you saved me a ton of hassle re-assembling and then dropping off jacks only to disassemble again. It was a multi-jack operation already to get it where it sits now.

Again, thank you very much!

• Like 1