SUPERCHARGED !!!!!!

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply
QUOTE (gabbett1 @ Jun 16 2003, 12:37 PM)

QUOTE (gabbett1 @ Jun 16 2003, 11:30 AM)

Drove 3 1/2 hours this weekend pulling a boat and got 6-8 miles per gallon  .  Yikes!  

Three questions:

What is the weight of the boat?

What speed were you towing?

How many miles are on your truck?  

The boat is 4400 lbs, I was traveling around 80 mph, and I have 1600 miles on my truck.  

Pretty heavy boat. I have noticed when towing that if I slow down to around 60-65, my mpg is much better. Somewhere around 70 it drops way off, although a s-chgr may help, don't think even it will do much with speeds of 80mph with a 4500lb boat attached. I could be way off when talking about the s-chgr.

My boat weighs around 2200lbs and this is what I have noticed. Who wants to go that slow though, right? Did the truck tow it well?

Yea, it is a heavy boat, and that weight doesn't include the trailer. Not sure what the trailer weighs. The truck did tow it quite well though. :thumbs:

Well, I'm a johnny-come-lately here compared to dcairns, but I did get my SS from Lingenfelter on Saturday, with a new Radix and Yank torque converter installed.

Any pictures I post would look just like dcairns', so I'll skip those.

Holy cow, what a difference! The stock SS has decent power (and I'm sure, all that I need), but the scharger just makes it get up and scoot. Just hearing the sound of the Radix makes it a whole different driving experience.

Lee first: I am so glad you're back. I read the whole ugly thread on vacation and made my wife and kids wait to go out to eat while I tried to read through it on my stupid IPAQ on the hotel balcony. And quit being jealous! Just go get the scharger installed--you know you have the means, and I'm counting on you to get emotional and forget about resale value (I'm trying to set an example of irresponsibility on this). You won't regret it!

BenKey: I guess I'm not sure what I'm expecting the torque to do for me, although it did send my GPS flying the first time I nailed it off the line (caught it in midair, thank goodness). And no, I'm not complaining about my proximity to Lingenfelter. My wife's family lives in northern Indiana, which makes it convenient to drop vehicles off for, um, "service" when we travel out there. To top it all off, Lingenfelter had a race in Ohio on Saturday and delivered my SS at no charge (and no Indiana state sales tax). :thumbs:

Well, I'm a johnny-come-lately here compared to dcairns, but I did get my SS from Lingenfelter on Saturday, with a new Radix and Yank torque converter installed.

Any pictures I post would look just like dcairns', so I'll skip those.

Holy cow, what a difference!  The stock SS has decent power (and I'm sure, all that I need), but the scharger just makes it get up and scoot.  Just hearing the sound of the Radix makes it a whole different driving experience.

BenKey: I guess I'm not sure what I'm expecting the torque to do for me, although it did send my GPS flying the first time I nailed it off the line (caught it in midair, thank goodness).

Welcome to the "Blown Club" !! :jester:

Don't ya just love the way it makes the power seem effortless with the lower rpms?

And don't skip the pics, there may be some minor differences that might be of interest. You at least have to crawl under there and show us what the headers and exhast look like :D

I had my garage door opener in the upper console and sent it flying into the back seat once :D

Are you going to take it to the track to validate the results? I am sure you can do better than my 13.92. Also, be sure to check that coolant is flowing in the white coolant tank when the key is in the "run" position. I had some trouble with a missing fuse, but I would hope that Lingenfelter would not miss that. Don't know if you saw my thread on this:If you are installing a Magnacharger..., you better read this

Beats me what they put in (how's that for an informed consumer?). The salesman at Lingenfelter recommended it based upon what I wanted the truck to do, so I went with it. I'll call them today and find out the details.

And, yeah, there's no doubt that Lingenfelter is expensive. I have yet to find a way to fly first class on the cheap.

And, yeah, there's no doubt that Lingenfelter is expensive.  I have yet to find a way to fly first class on the cheap.

I hear ya. There is nothing wrong in doing things the right way the first time. I went cheap on my last trucks exhaust. After the third time I changed it, I had spent enough money to buy the best catback on the market. Live and learn.

Archived