SUPERCHARGED !!!!!!

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I finally got my web hosting back in order. I guess you can't expect too much for $3 a month :rolleyes: Thanks for helping out Richard "BigTex".

I went back to the installer and got the SES light cleared and they found the culprit. An open bolt hole in the intake manifold. I wonder if that is where the boost gauge would tap in? Any way, glad it was something minor.

shopman1- As far as mileage goes, I checked it on the freeway today, at a fairly steady 65 and got 19.5 MPG!!! I think the larger fuel injectors are fooling my DIC. (how do I tell the wife my DIC is out of calibration???!!! :eek: ) The Magnacharger comes with an extra warranty that covers the drivetrain for 3yrs 36K miles. So I have something to fall back on if GM gives me a hard time on a claim. This was one of the good selling points of the Magnacharger.

ELEGALCHEV- I will probably put all the spare parts in the attic, just in case. I was also kicking around the idea of mounting the center plastic cover on top of the blower. Put the wolf back in sheeps clothing ;) But it seems a shame to cover it up, so I probably won't.

Krambo-

Here are some better pics of the intercooler plumbing for ya.

HPIM0330.JPG

HPIM0331.JPG

Coolant reservoir bolts to the fan shroud.

HPIM0332.JPG

Close up of the electric water pump. This is on the drivers side of the engine bay. Radiator and fan shroud are on the left ant top of the photo.

HPIM0333.JPG

You can barely see the intercooler through the grill. The blue anodized elbow fittings are just right for my truck :D

HPIM0334.JPG

Dave, I sent you an email but didn't know if you got it. What is the part number off one of the stock fuel injectors? I'd like to know if the SS has the same size injector as the rest of the GM light duty truck line.

Thanks.

Richard

Their website does not mention it, but looking at the fine print on the warranty registraion card, it says it must be installed by a "certified automotive technican", what ever that is :D

The fine print does take away a lot of things:

Maximum coverage is $3000.

Other bolt ons such as headers, nitrous void the warranty.

Participating in racing.

Vehicle trasmissions exceeding maximum OEM torque output.

Thanks for the pics Dave! :thumbs: Sorry to hear that you were rained out at the track. I brought my computer home from work just so I can see your posts! My wife thinks I am nuts. The install is very clean...I may consider one in the near future, although I may need to ask alot more questions...and convince my wife to let me spend the cabbage. You have been very generous in sharing your exact numbers and thoughts regarding your SS. Thanks again! :cheers:

Oh, that's just sick. Looks beautiful. I just got my SS, had a Vette (00) and two Lightnings (99 and 01) prior. I have to say that I thought I would miss the "oomph" of the others, doesn't look like I will have to miss it for long! Thanks for building the "test mule!"

Mike

P.S. Has your wife got a single sister as cool?

Very nice! As soon as these damn spring storms stop I want to see that 1/4 mile improved by at least a full second! (optimism) I'm almost sure my SS will go straight to whipple when it's delivered. I don't believe they warranty the drive train, but they go into a big legal deal that explains that it is illegal to void any warranty unless the dealer can prove without a doubt that the modified parts have directly caused the problem. My local GM service shop has always been pretty cool so I'm not too worried. I also have read about and talked to people who have Escalades with whipples in them and have reported no engine or drive train problems.

Dave. Did your kit come with a boost gage and mounting pillar? Probably not otherwise I would have seen a picture no doubt.

Dave.  Did your kit come with a boost gage and mounting pillar?  Probably not otherwise I would have seen a picture no doubt.

Guess I do load up the place with pictures, don't I :D But no, it did not come with a gauge. I have been wondering how useful a guage would be. Autometer makes a pillar gauge pod for 2 or three gauges and has gauges for boost, exhaust temp, etc. I am not sure I have a real need for them, even though I am a sucker for excess buttons and gauges :D

I am heading out the California Speedway (dragstrip) this Saturday, weather permiting. Silverado60 said he would be there too, so mabey we can get some side by side SS pics.

Archived