First oil change what type of oil

cbystrack@yahoo.com

My new to me 2003 silverado ss is due for an oil change. It has 216849 miles on it. I have no idea if it has synthetic in it or standard. When I was messing with ls camaros I never ran synthetic.  What are yalls thoughts

I use Valvoline full synthetic.  But only because I only change oil once per year. I don't drive my SS much. Last spring, when I changed it, the oil only had 1,200 miles on it. If I drove it daily, I would run Valvoline conventional and change every 2,000 miles. But, that's just me. 

I wound up using Mobil 1 full synthetic high mileage 10w30.  Everything is quiet as it was before.  I was nervous with high miles and switching to synthetic if it didn't already have it in before haha. Thanks for the response 

• 1 month later...

Pretty much any name brand oil out there will work for you. You can check into Pennzoil Platinum line up sometime. It's one of the top oils out there. Some say Mobil is not what it used to be. Main things are: using a high quality filter and not stretching oil changes too far. There will always be debates and everyone has their personal favorite. I've always avoided the "high mileage" formulas. You can also try going to 10w-40 in the future.

A good source of info about lubricants:  https://bobistheoilguy.com/forums/