Auxiliary Battery

kamikaze

I tried searching for something on this but couldn't find anything so sorry if this has been addressed...

Has anyone installed an auxiliary battery in the engine compartment with an isolater? I know on police Tahoes they put the auxiliary battery up against the firewall on the passenger side but that bracket on the SSS cuts down the available height clearance. 

I'm interested in installing one because I plan on hard wiring up some stuff for camping (inverter, bed lights, work lights, etc.)

Thanks in advance~

Which bracket are you saying gets in the way.. the half-moon curved thing from the fender to the firewall?  Not sure how important those are.  My '06 was missing those when I first got it (no idea why) and I drove it like that for years without 'em.  Only noticed they were gone when I got another SS and saw them, and said.. hey.. LOL so I grabbed a couple and installed.

Richard

• 2 weeks later...

I'm not talking about the rod from the core support to the fender over the factory battery.  OP is talking about mounting an aux battery up by the firewall; there's a curved bracket on each fender going to the firewall that I'm guessing he is saying one would be in the way.

Richard

• 1 year later...
On 10/13/2020 at 8:43 AM, someotherguy said:

Which bracket are you saying gets in the way.. the half-moon curved thing from the fender to the firewall?  Not sure how important those are.  My '06 was missing those when I first got it (no idea why) and I drove it like that for years without 'em.  Only noticed they were gone when I got another SS and saw them, and said.. hey.. LOL so I grabbed a couple and installed.

Richard

That's exactly the bracket I'm talking about! I mean, if you ran without them for years, I'm just wondering if I can eliminate it on the passenger side.