Superchargers

Go do some reading over at SuperchargersOnline.com. They sell most brands and have a wealth of information in articles and a forum to talk about the various types. They also sell them but do not seem to be pushing one type or brand more than another, so it is usefull info.

My thinking is a screw type (Whipple, Kenne Bell) or a roots type (Magnacharger) are the best for a truck. I like the screw type better, but feel there is a need for an intercooler, and as yet there is none. So the roots style won out. Centrifugals don't have the low end punch I would like, but are supposed to be better for drag racing (don't ask me why, does not make sense to me :confused: ). But for my needs, the low end punch is where the fun is (gotta love those G forces :D ).

I am sure most everyone who buys a suprecharger, no matter what type, will be happy because they have nothing else to compare it too. What we really need is a side by side comparison :D .

I am sure most everyone who buys a suprecharger, no matter what type, will be happy because they have nothing else to compare it too.  What we really need is a side by side comparison :D .

Hey, if you are will ing to buy me a centrifugal I will be more than happy to compare it to yours! :D Hey, it was worth a shot. I am in agreement with dcairns on this one. :thumbs:

i have heard some hoar stores about prochargers :eek:

All of those horror stories have a story of operator error to go along with them. People do not hook up the extra fuel pump, or turn up the boost and do not tune it accordingly. Procharger seems to like to leave the tuning up to the owner, i like that because i will have a custom program anyways, but if you are looking to bolt on a blower and go, they may not be the best choice, but if you want to be really fast, then they definately are the way to go

• 4 weeks later...

ProCharger has done some interesting engineering over the last few years. Most of their superchargers are designed with a steeper stepup ratio than the other centrifugals. The steeper stepup ratio will help the blower to make power much more linearly than some of the older styles.

I had a P1SC on a stock shortblock Mustang up until last year. With some stupid restrictions for class rules, we made 538 HP at the tire, and ran 10.32 at 132mph. Torque was crazy flat for a 302" motor, over 400'/lbs for several thousand rpms. Peak was 500'/lbs.

Might be worth investigating, plus with the addition of the intercooler, it would definitely help the 10.0 compression motor in the SS live a longer and happier life!

My thoughts....

Chris

Archived