Silverado SS Intimidator Rough Ride

ocairydreke

Hello, New here! I've recently purchased a 2006 silverado SS Intimidator and I'm going down a looooong list of upgrades. My biggest complaint is the suspension right now, I understand its meant to be stiffer than normal but i was wondering if there is anything that might help with a smoother ride quality. 

Any advice would be greatly appreciated! ?

Don’t know if your shocks are good, but usually new shocks help the ride... some like oem bilsteins other belltech street performance and others like different brands: kyb, monroes, arnott etc... supposedly the best ride upgrade is a coilover set up but idk I don’t run coilovers 

Are you running the stock wheels or larger wheels?  With larger wheels, you get less rubber which can make the ride harsher.  

Is it lowered?  These truck use rubber bumpers as part of the suspension and when you lower them, they ride even more on the rubber bumpers.  I seem to recall some trim off one of the 'lumps' on the bumpers but forget if that was just fro lowering or better ride.  Might research that. Might also check the condition of the bumpers.  I just had to replace my rear bumpers( the fronts wore out a long time ago and were replaced), they had pretty much disintegrated and it was making a harsh bump when the suspension bottomed out back there

37 minutes ago, matslp488 said:

Don’t know if your shocks are good, but usually new shocks help the ride... some like oem bilsteins other belltech street performance and others like different brands: kyb, monroes, arnott etc... supposedly the best ride upgrade is a coilover set up but idk I don’t run coilovers 

I actually put it up on a lift today and the bushings are practically non existent. After the bushings I’m gonna look into having the shocks replaced.

thanks!

31 minutes ago, dcairns said:

Are you running the stock wheels or larger wheels?  With larger wheels, you get less rubber which can make the ride harsher.  

Is it lowered?  These truck use rubber bumpers as part of the suspension and when you lower them, they ride even more on the rubber bumpers.  I seem to recall some trim off one of the 'lumps' on the bumpers but forget if that was just fro lowering or better ride.  Might research that. Might also check the condition of the bumpers.  I just had to replace my rear bumpers( the fronts wore out a long time ago and were replaced), they had pretty much disintegrated and it was making a harsh bump when the suspension bottomed out back there

Stock wheels, and you’re right about the bumpers, after looking under the leafs the bumpers are looking more like stickers now more than anything, so that should definitely solve the the rear end ??

I picked up some rear bumpers on ebay.  They are surprisingly expensive for what they seem to be.  

This listing claimed to be genuine GM, but who knows on ebay.  They looked legit when I installed them, ans so far, so good.  Of course if you want real GM, then the dealer will have the real stuff, for more $$$

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Chevy1500-Silverado-OEM-Axle-Bump-Stop-Pair-LH-RH-Rear-99-07/133469413026?hash=item1f13659ea2:g:gagAAOSwCM5XP0iY