what rear brakes does the SS have?

tycobb280

I'm on rock auto trying to buy new rear pads. I've bought them before, but don't remember what I got. Rock auto has so many options, and the descriptions for the brands are all different and confusing. I'm seeing options for HD, quad steer, single/dual piston, 325mm or 330mm rotor, the rears are the same as the front for some. I know for sure they are two piston, because I looked. Are the brakes on the SS the same as the HD. Are the only options either single or dual piston? If so, that narrows it down. I'll know that i just need pads for dual piston calipers. I don't see any mention of SS anywhere on the site. Thanks.

I have an 03 AWD, and looking at my notes, I have Rear Pads as Centric 10508340. 

I did upgrade my front rotors with the 07 Tahoe rotors/calipers.

And I agree, it can be frustrating finding the right parts at times.  Not all parts lookup databases know about the SS variation.

Edited by dcairns (see edit history)

6 hours ago, 04palass said:

The AWD SS has dual rear piston and RWD has signal to my understanding. There is only 1 dual rear option. Dual piston is 330mm rotors single is 335mm

Do you know if there are different versions of the 2 piston pads? If I choose one that says 2 piston, will they be correct? Some of the options (maybe all) for 2 piston calipers list that they are for 1500 HD. I guessing they used the 1500 HD calipers on the SS. Maybe the 1500 HD 2 piston calipers are different from the SS 2 piston calipers. I guess I will order some, and return if they dont work

3 hours ago, dcairns said:

I have an 03 AWD, and looking at my notes, I have Rear Pads as Centric 10508340. 

And I agree, it can be frustrating finding the right parts at times.  Not all parts lookup databases know about the SS variation.

Thanks. I will look up that part number, and see if it tells me anything.

4 hours ago, dcairns said:

I looked it up on rock auto. All it tells me is 330mm rotor, not single or dual piston. I guess it narrows it down some though. Thanks again.

6 hours ago, 04palass said:

The AWD SS has dual rear piston and RWD has signal to my understanding. There is only 1 dual rear option. Dual piston is 330mm rotors single is 335mm

I missed the part where you said there's only 1 dual rear option. That answered my question right there. Thanks

Sounds like you have it figured out.  But when I did the 07 Tahoe upgrade on the front, I got Centric calipers and rotors to match, for the rear.  Those were Centric 14766045R and 14766045L rotors on the rear and S4764 Calipers on the rear.  This let me match the drilled/slotted rotors from the front as well as the red calipers.

IMG_5853.jpg

IMG_5854.jpg