SS bowtie emblem VS regular truck emblem??

matslp488

Anyone know the differences of the 03-06 SS front grille Chevy bowtie emblem VS a regular Silverado emblem??? Is there even a difference?? Or are the the same gold ones??? I’ve searched different part numbers hence the question.. Thanks... 

Which two part #'s?  When I look em up on gmpartsdirect, even though I've selected 2006 Silverado SS as my vehicle, it gives me two choices for the emblem - with and without SS.  If you click the "without SS" selection, it's a GMC emblem...and the "also fits" list includes Silverados.  Holy WTF bad data :)

It *looks like* 12335700 is the correct part # and that fits all regular Silverados (2003-2007 classic) and SS's.. for a dealer website the application data looks really, really erroneous all the way around, though.

When I got billet bowties for our SS's I just got them for a Silverado and they fit perfectly.  Their application listing covered all 2003-2007 classic Silverados.

Richard

Numbers that I got are GM  12335769 12335700.... they both look the same to me... gold bowtie... even tho one I found on eBay (12335769) says Silverado SS gold with a BLACK OUTLINE 

There’s no SS steering wheel... if you want one you can get a trailblazer airbag and switch it out for yours and have the sticker made from motorcityvinyl.com or use the trailblazer SS one

SS bow ties were the same as regular trucks, kinda golden in color.  I later swapped mine for a billet aluminum one from Shopman.  I wonder why they did not come with a similar one from the factory. Would have been a nice touch.

HPIM0334.JPG

HPIM1160.jpg

For what it's worth, I just dug up both original emblems in my garage and they're part # 15773420 stamped on the back.  I replaced them both with billet as both were showing some wear, and one had been plasti-dipped black, when I peeled it off I saw the wear underneath.  They seem to all go bad the same way, where the gold paint on the back side peels in spots at the edges and gives it that "old mirror rot" effect.  Not very noticeable but it did bug me enough to change them out.

If a couple very minor flaws on the back edges don't bug you, you can have the good original I have left.  The other one has some weird spot like something melted to it.  Could maybe be wet-sanded and polished if you're bored. :(

The Shopman bowties are nice, though I went with the billet w/milled border on both our trucks.

06SS_099s.jpg

Richard

He’ll yeah man! I’m down I’ll take it.. I’ll pay you the shipping fee if you ship it to me... btw how hard is it to install the fog lights? I’ve kinda been wondering how to install them... I know sometimes ppl have to move the grill a little to the front for clearance and I wanna know if I can install them without moving anything... I’d like to keep everything stock with the foglights 

9 hours ago, matslp488 said:

He’ll yeah man! I’m down I’ll take it.. I’ll pay you the shipping fee if you ship it to me... btw how hard is it to install the fog lights? I’ve kinda been wondering how to install them... I know sometimes ppl have to move the grill a little to the front for clearance and I wanna know if I can install them without moving anything... I’d like to keep everything stock with the foglights 

I just installed my foglights the other day..i didn't use any brackets..didn't want to drill any holes so I just used zipties..turned out really good.

On 5/7/2020 at 1:19 PM, matslp488 said:

We're both in Houston, dunno what side you're on but I'm in NW.  If you just wanna pick it up.  As far as the fog lights I made brackets out of flat stock, didn't make any modifications to the truck itself, the holes are just drilled in the brackets I made.  Didn't have to move the grilles.  Overall I guess the finished product is OK but since the housings are larger than the brake duct grilles there's a lot of light bleed around them, I tried to mask the lens to limit that and it helped.  I wish I'd used thicker metal for the brackets though because they do let the housings shake a bit while driving.

Richard