Sign in to follow this  
Hugh Schumpert

Need replacement shocks

I need some recommendations on which shock absorbers to purchase for a stock 2005 Silverado ss that has 108,000 miles. For smooth riding.
It has had no modification, all stock original equipment.

Vin # 2GCEC19N851333835

Not much help, but I put on some Edelbrock shocks, even though they were not speced for the SS.  I have been running them for 10 -15 years.  Surprised I have not needed to change them 😄   Sadly, Edelbrock does not make shocks anymore.  A search on the forum should get you some ideas.  I seem to recall some like KYB, but I think that was a stiffer ride. 

I was asking recently about the Belltech shocks vs. the Monroes that come up for the SS application; got some good feedback on the Belltech but they are a little firm, not cushy.  The reviews on the Monroe monotube shocks are not good..

The full set of Belltechs are only $225 shipped from Tony @ tbssowners, can't beat that price anywhere.  Cushy they ain't, but then again I'm running 22's so I don't expect a smooth ride out of my truck.

Richard