2003 SS- Building my dream truck

04palass

• 6 months later...

Long time no updates! Just have been enjoying the truck!  It is put away for the winter to I intend to do a few things to it. First of which is a Trans cool 40k cooler which I installed yesterday.

XZ9dCkd.jpg

So much bigger than the stock cooler

J4bnpy0.jpg

Also looks super cool behind the grille!

4U0lVu7.jpg

Edited by 04palass (see edit history)
  • Like 2

• 3 weeks later...

I spent many hours detailing under the hood of this truck. I also added a AEM cold air intake and Holley valve covers to clean up the look. In addition to that I also added a new chrome alternator.

Here is how it started

P8D6Uhi.jpg

Here is the valve covers and the intake tube I have powder coated red to match. 

IzDQL4E.jpg

2YAtrjd.jpg

I also painted the alternator bracket when I added the new chrome alternator.

NRYXUb5.jpg

MsdDXfO.jpg

grMBWwZ.jpg

Holley value covers really clean up how the coil packs look with them mounting directly to the coil packs.

WoT9yM7.jpg

jfzRjcx.jpg

Came out so nice I am very happy 

YQRBNkn.jpg

9XXO1hl.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

I came across these Rough Country wheel well liners online . I have always thought the rear wheel well looked unfinished and these make it look great! https://www.roughcountry.com/chevrolet-rear-wheel-well-liners-4299.html?gclid=CjwKCAiA3L6PBhBvEiwAINlJ9AWhTYQ0aFvstANnCoxpZfklTzsZRO-1CnHfDMtnoXX4RoR-74CGlhoCMS0QAvD_BwE

Before, kind of unfinished looking in my opinion. 

8Jz6bCF.jpg

I also made sure to put a thick layer of Fluid Film behind them. Not that this truck will ever see salt but it can't hurt

rliLdAG.jpg

Installed! Looks fantastic!

e6HcFiR.jpg

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

this is awesome. I will need to do some similar work on my 05. No rust, but the roof, hood, and bed are peeling. Plus will need to do the headliner, leather repair, and then next up will be a motor rebuild. It runs well, but has 170k+ miles and I want to do a cam at least, if not possibly a blower.

I like that tailgate spoiler, where did you get it?

4 hours ago, christobear said:

That would be an Intimidator SS spoiler (or repro) missing the bed corner pieces.  Rare as rocking horse shit..  I mean, the repro's are out there, quality is so-so.  Original parts - good luck

Richard

06SS_076s[1].jpg

• Like 1

On 3/3/2022 at 6:50 PM, christobear said:

this is awesome. I will need to do some similar work on my 05. No rust, but the roof, hood, and bed are peeling. Plus will need to do the headliner, leather repair, and then next up will be a motor rebuild. It runs well, but has 170k+ miles and I want to do a cam at least, if not possibly a blower.

Thanks!! Yes it is indeed the Intimidator spoiler as stated by @someotherguy I found it on ebay a couple years back

I'm getting the itch to drive it sooo bad. But in the mean time I detailed the front inner wheel wells and put the 22s back on the front just to drool over 😍

RyYpcSv.jpg

Ru6xZDC.jpg

I7lZ6Fq.jpg

cklOVk5.jpg

wT70zz4.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 3/19/2022 at 10:07 PM, christobear said:

What did you use to repaint the fender wells?

I didn't repaint them I cleaned them and applied this stuff

https://www.amazon.com/303-30313-CSR-Protectant-Plastic-Fiberglass/dp/B00KN0UOEE

I finally got my rear sway bar I ordered back in November but has been on back-order since

yaCZJVP.jpg

And.....

She's out for the spring!

hAqaCl5.jpg

Cv7BCWy.jpg

• Like 3

• 3 weeks later...