2003 SS- Building my dream truck

04palass

23 hours ago, WantaSSS said:

what was the ebay led interior kit you bought?

https://www.ebay.com/itm/18PCS-White-LED-Interior-License-Light-Package-Kit-For-Chevy-Silverado-1999-2006/252008749683?ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&_trksid=p2060353.m1438.l2649

They are great quality especially for the price! 

18 hours ago, Standing_Arnold said:

New rims Looks great! Are they  20s? 
what kind & size rubber you putting on?

Pioneer ?

Very clean interior! 
Glad you posted up!

They are 22x10s. Not sure on tires yet I'm going with 285/45/22 based on what I've read. Thanks!

• 2 weeks later...

Started the headliner repair. I was able to find some suede that closely matches the stock color

5bC6AOO.jpg

HG1GdMD.jpg

Typical sagging

xcST8mY.jpg

Took me awhile to scrape off all of the old glue. But be carful not to damage the fiberglass headliner

aS6NrLr.jpg

F0wbPnT.jpg

New material all laid out! I'll let it dry for a few days before I re install everything. I also still have to re cover the sun visors.

MhvNFTO.jpg

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/30/2020 at 8:40 PM, matslp488 said:

Nice job ? my headliner is also starting to sag and my plan is also to have it reupholstered in tan suede 

Thanks! Unfortunately I haven't had time to finish it yet I because I came down with COVID. But yesterday I did test fit a wheel and I cannot wait to see them all on come spring!

EjL69hL.jpg

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/13/2020 at 7:54 PM, matslp488 said:

Truck will look great with 22s on

Thanks! I can't wait to see all of them on in spring!

I got alot done over the last couple weeks! I finished the headliner. I also ordered the full corsa exhaust. I had the custom made side exit for awhile but I never was in love with it, but this Corsa kit is amazing!

VBaDd6O.jpg

4brRHVZ.jpg

Then I got some diesel led front LED switch back turn signal bulbs. The best thing about them is they have a build in resistor so there is no need to chop up the factory wiring!

https://dieselleds.com/collections/chevy-2500-3500-1999-2007/products/lumenex-switchback

aCEeb26.jpg

I also got a K Designs 3D printed lower honeycomb grille and the matching oem air duct inserts to complete the 06 front end swap

NkVyLmM.jpg

And to finish off this post I got this awesome ornament for Christmas

nbS6BwR.jpg

• Like 1

Coming along nicely!

I got the Corsa cat-back (traded another forum member for it) and dig it; it's a nice middle option between the ugly-loud Magnaflow I had on there and the too-quiet stock muffler.

Have you tried those switchbacks with the engine running yet?  I had some (totally different brand) in mine that worked great with the engine off but once it was running and system voltage went up a couple volts, the white running light function started strobing like crazy and eventually turned off.  I've got some little voltage regulators I was gonna try to hack in but it seemed like I was having to do too much to make switchbacks work so I just put regular LED's back in there.  No hyperflash on my truck as I've got the Novita flasher unit.

Richard

On 12/28/2020 at 10:01 AM, someotherguy said:

Coming along nicely!

I got the Corsa cat-back (traded another forum member for it) and dig it; it's a nice middle option between the ugly-loud Magnaflow I had on there and the too-quiet stock muffler.

Have you tried those switchbacks with the engine running yet?  I had some (totally different brand) in mine that worked great with the engine off but once it was running and system voltage went up a couple volts, the white running light function started strobing like crazy and eventually turned off.  I've got some little voltage regulators I was gonna try to hack in but it seemed like I was having to do too much to make switchbacks work so I just put regular LED's back in there.  No hyperflash on my truck as I've got the Novita flasher unit.

Richard

Yes I have and they work just as advertised! I would defiantly recommend them!

I got my 06 lower grilles in yesterday to officially finish the front end swap

Before

cVio08l.jpg

With the K Designs lower Honeycomb grille

09Lvubj.jpg

Then I cleaned the air ducts really good and replaced the inserts with the OEM Honeycomb ones

u9rWPDW.jpg

SfOXvzF.jpg

• 1 month later...

Sooooo much work has gone into this truck recently. I knew the rockers and cab corners needed attention but after taking a closer look one day i realized they were much much worse than I had thought..

9MEY58u.jpg

D7AxG8j.jpg

So that meant it was time to get them done. I was hoping not to have to do this so soon but I can't leave it like this.

Major dismantling

uVFW1am.jpg

Old junk cut out

LK2Lcm9.jpg

The inner rockers were toast too

IXz2wCA.jpg

All the old junk out

eFt8g94.jpg

k7uprYC.jpg

New inners going in

uIykb7u.jpg 

xO1t6tD.jpg

LoVrSC0.jpg

6alvEN7.jpg

New outer rockers on

BbDgmgu.jpg

ZnNdW8O.jpg

O1WqJet.jpg

All painted! Too bad this will all be covered up by the cladding

6nnPqBz.jpg

1ev8bg7.jpg

Painted the rocker cladding too.

ocl2jZH.jpg

And that's where its at as of now

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Back together! Aside from the rear bumper I didn't have time to put on.

First I POR15'd the brackets for the cladding

RmTGWLs.jpg

uR2GlLC.jpg

Made sure to test fit everything before I drill any holes

ONWMYQm.jpg

I felt bad drilling into these nice clean rockers haha

Nt1khow.jpg

But I did make sure to spray lots of rust proofing in the holes even though it will never see salt

R1k0J77.jpg

All riveted back on

kU7mYul.jpg

Back together!

6gKzCHH.jpg

HWBW5e8.jpg

?? backed it out of the garage to see if outside

waE8OQP.jpg

• Like 3

• 3 weeks later...
On 11/21/2020 at 6:33 AM, 04palass said:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/18PCS-White-LED-Interior-License-Light-Package-Kit-For-Chevy-Silverado-1999-2006/252008749683?ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&_trksid=p2060353.m1438.l2649

They are great quality especially for the price! 

They are 22x10s. Not sure on tires yet I'm going with 285/45/22 based on what I've read. Thanks!

Bought the light kit, poor quality and couldn’t finish my set up, even though they sent extras, most were useless..