2003 SS- Building my dream truck

04palass

23 hours ago, Standing_Arnold said:

I am working on the same thing. That rust encapsulator works great! Looking forward to seeing finished pics! 

I agree, I have never used it before but I will be from now on!

I finished this weekend. I also installed the shorter bump stops to accommodate for the drop kit

5uYZgbf.jpg

PlIHYE2.jpg

• Like 1

On 9/12/2020 at 3:28 PM, Standing_Arnold said:

Looks great!! What’s next on your agenda?

Thanks! I am planning on getting replica chrome 22's and refinishing the headliner (which is next)

I went to the scrap yard yesterday and got some trim parts to dye when I plan to recover the headliner in suede.  I got the spares in case it doesn't turn out

bGJGadd.jpg

Here is what I plan to use, from my research this should be a match (or very very close) to the factory dark pewter  

Mbvq6AS.jpg

Here is what I want the end result to be. 

tAz9C10.jpg

On 9/7/2020 at 9:40 AM, 04palass said:

I agree, I have never used it before but I will be from now on!

I finished this weekend. I also installed the shorter bump stops to accommodate for the drop kit

5uYZgbf.jpg

PlIHYE2.jpg

Will shorter bumpstops lower the height just a little bit..i already installed my drop kit but left the oem bumpstops on.

On 9/18/2020 at 2:49 PM, 04palass said:

Your steering wheel looks sooo much better than mine! Just waiting to find a deal on one. Looking forward to seeing how the SS Steering Wheel Badge looks, I’ve never seen anyone with one. I’m going to change my headliner to match the dark trim as well. Ready to see the pictures when yours is done! What kind of adhesive are you going to use on the headliner?

Mbvq6AS.jpg

I’m not familiar with that “SEM Classic Coat” you mentioned.

I used Dupilcolor Viynl & Fabric Coating when spraying my dash & center console. It worked very well! It just can’t go without having a clear coat to protect it.78F3F563-9BB7-4C1E-A221-A461EFD5D222.jpeg.cb9efa31fa2ab8ba6d78f51cb14ad092.jpegE9CF6793-8059-4C82-9138-A93B672E01D3.jpeg.a198731cd5c48168efa569e23fe1c84f.jpeg  

I sprayed the center console & dash trim with that  Dupli-Color Vinyl & Fabric. It covered super easy & turned out great. 
I tested it out on an extra pair of sun visors to see how it worked with that kind of material & it looked very good. So I’m interested in the outcome of the brand you’re trying!

I used that Dupi-Color Vinyl & Fabric to do a subtle two tone on the dash: Gloss Black on the inner section around the double din & gauge cluster, with Black Spiral Metallic to match the body on the main outter52062728-DDFE-4A26-86DF-5F3B17A02457.thumb.jpeg.952ff704340ea7320217e7663318b215.jpeg7A5460D2-88F8-4ACC-A7B3-14B6B0DC243E.jpeg.c9122e7e9e328becfd7310ce59c51e10.jpeg
(This angel seriously exaggerates the Metallic.)

Edited by Standing_Arnold
Bc I’m a moron. (see edit history)

• 1 month later...

Well, she's put away for winter ? But now that means its time for more upgrades! 

I installed a pioneer double din with android auto which I really love and a 10in Rockford P1 with a box made to fit under the seat. This was my first go around at car audio and I think it came out pretty good!

Ja1wfXT.jpg

ILpxPZP.jpg

Next its time to fix the saggy headliner