2003 SS- Building my dream truck

04palass

I did not know they made a supercharged Impala.  Very cool!!!

I have an Impala as well, but it is a bit older.

The first car I ever owned is my 64 Impala, got it for free back in 1982.  I had hair back then... ?

I took a picture of my 64 next to a 2014 Impala at the local Chevy dealer. They were nice enough to bring out a white 4 door to line up next to my 64, for a "50 years later" picture.

17842s.jpg

64Impalab.jpg

Thats very cool! They made them supercharged for only 2 years in the SS trim 04 and 05. I've had the car since I was 17, I won't ever get rid of it haha.

I got some more goodies for the truck! Full belltech 2in drop kit,brakes all around,new rear backing plates (mine are rusted) and since I have to remove the axels to so those I will replace the seals at the same time.

QBAwDXB.jpg

Looking pretty good; I usually prefer more drop but I never could get around to installing the drop kit on my '06 and traded it to another forum member.

From the part # I'm assuming that's the spindle & shackle drop?

Truck looks slightly raked or is it just a wheelwell design difference..  I'd wonder if the shackles have a spot for another 1" of drop to make it more level.

I'm seriously considering this drop for my truck now, although I did just install stock height BT shocks...if the part #'s for the small drop are any different I could just swap the stock height shocks over to my wife's truck. :D

Richard

Edited by someotherguy (see edit history)

3 hours ago, someotherguy said:

Looking pretty good; I usually prefer more drop but I never could get around to installing the drop kit on my '06 and traded it to another forum member.

From the part # I'm assuming that's the spindle & shackle drop?

Truck looks slightly raked or is it just a wheelwell design difference..  I'd wonder if the shackles have a spot for another 1" of drop to make it more level.

I'm seriously considering this drop for my truck now, although I did just install stock height BT shocks...if the part #'s for the small drop are any different I could just swap the stock height shocks over to my wife's truck. :D

Richard

Thanks! I too do like a bit lower but being AWD I was worried about running into issues. If it was a 2wd I would have gone lower. The rear sits about a half inch higher I believe its like that from the factory although I completely forgot to measure before I installed the kit. 

On 8/18/2020 at 3:01 PM, Grumpytony said:

Please post the end results of the 2” drop, let us know how it handles, etc. I want to do a 3/4 drop, but my understanding and reading all post is that it hits a little on bumps. Thanks,

On 8/27/2020 at 2:11 AM, Grumpytony said:

Hows the ride smooth? How does it handle on curves? Any hitting? Thanks

To answer your questions; It handles slightly better I want to eventuality do a bigger front sway bar and a rear sway bar. The right is just as smooth as stock but I did get the correct drop shocks for it. Slight ribbing on full lock with stock wheel/tire combo but very minor. Overall extremely happy with it.

Detailed it all up yesterday

YsctXEd.jpg

• Like 1