2003 SS- Building my dream truck

04palass

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/27/2020 at 11:36 AM, matslp488 said:

Looks bad ass... I like that color ?

Thank you! Me too, its my favorite on these!

On 4/27/2020 at 10:31 PM, dcairns said:

Looking good !  Nice detailing on the engine!

Thanks!!

Was a beautiful weekend so I gave it a good detail

bi4Th4l.jpg

zZM2Cji.jpg

Next on the list of projects is NGK plugs,MSD wires and and exhaust. I already have some of the parts.

M14IsHN.jpg

Edited by 04palass (see edit history)

• 3 weeks later...

I was able to find a "shopman" bowtie, always liked them!

a30tS1T.jpg

I also finished my magnflow side exit exhaust

iqh9ebA.jpg

Then the biggest update, I purchased a whole truck that is from down south so it is totally rust free. I am going to take the parts I need off it for my SSS then just drive it as a beater.

8UrsWNT.jpg

1bMDZRv.jpg

Looking good!   Like the exhaust exiting before the rear tire ?.  Back in the day, I volunteered my SS for a test fitment for a Magnaflow exhaust.  It gave it a nice growl, but the highway droning drove me crazy, so I went back to stock. I hope your's does not have that drone to it.

glad to see a SSS saved!  Too many around MN rusted.  People here just treat them as a regular ol truck. Good job on the work done so far!  Where did you have the paint/ body work done? I am neighbor over east in Blaine.

I spy aftermarket clear reflector headlights/signals, give 'em a good look-over and see if you can't seal them up pre-emptively.  I had the same ones and they started getting moisture inside and it wrecked the plating in the signal reflectors in a big hurry.  Then the clear peeled on the headlights.. I don't recall if they started getting wet inside or not, too.  I saved them in case I ever get the balls to bake my OEM replacements open and swap the clear reflectors out.

Your truck's coming around nicely!

Richard

On 5/23/2020 at 10:10 PM, dcairns said:

Looking good!   Like the exhaust exiting before the rear tire ?.  Back in the day, I volunteered my SS for a test fitment for a Magnaflow exhaust.  It gave it a nice growl, but the highway droning drove me crazy, so I went back to stock. I hope your's does not have that drone to it.

Thank you! I have always like it in that spot on the SS's. There is some drone but its not terrible 

On 5/24/2020 at 2:03 PM, DrLove38 said:

Dayum Dude,

You don't mess around. That's a lot of work and parts and it's turning out really good.

Thanks! haha I've wanted one of these for years I just can't wait to get it where I want it to be

On 5/26/2020 at 7:57 AM, WantaSSS said:

glad to see a SSS saved!  Too many around MN rusted.  People here just treat them as a regular ol truck. Good job on the work done so far!  Where did you have the paint/ body work done? I am neighbor over east in Blaine.

I know its sad, not to many nice ones left here. My dad runs a body shop in Monticello!

On 5/26/2020 at 9:14 AM, someotherguy said:

I spy aftermarket clear reflector headlights/signals, give 'em a good look-over and see if you can't seal them up pre-emptively.  I had the same ones and they started getting moisture inside and it wrecked the plating in the signal reflectors in a big hurry.  Then the clear peeled on the headlights.. I don't recall if they started getting wet inside or not, too.  I saved them in case I ever get the balls to bake my OEM replacements open and swap the clear reflectors out.

Your truck's coming around nicely!

Richard

I have read that, thanks for the heads up. Thank you!

9 hours ago, MotorCityGuy said:

Very nice looking build, you're putting a lot of work into it and it's paying off. I'm also getting some rust around the fenders, getting that "fixed" this summer. 

Thank you!

Soooo the rust free box I got had a dent on the driver box side which i was aware of obviously, however It was also full of bondo so I elected to put a new GM box side on it. On the plus side this box is absolutely flawless in terms of rust

GVuE0T9.jpg

P25Bd1y.jpg

W3x3Wke.jpg

• Like 1