2003 SS- Building my dream truck

04palass

Hello, I picked up this 2003 SSS about a month ago. It has 115k miles 1 owner. I have wanted one for many many years and was finally able to get one! It does need some TLC.

wLlnI1P.jpg

First thing was a good detail

DELeXfl.jpg

AxQy4qw.jpg

CdZRbde.jpg

Then I did some tint which is a must!

ScE42E5.jpg

Also fixed the missing tailgate handle bezel

BTupMj7.jpg

U0dTUev.jpg

Time for rust repair and a 06 front end swap

KUUiNkn.jpg

Now for the big stuff. I found a 2006 HD hood locally I then purchased some rust free fenders out of state which I am currently in the process of installing, just waiting on the grille to get painted

p1zo89Q.jpg

Fenders are rough

NKRtGza.jpg

loG2W24.jpg

zTMjJ8A.jpg

All torn apart

LFOcIza.jpg

PRzau3Z.jpg

Here is how she sits now

rXDZBKi.jpg

• Like 1

Congrats on getting your dream truck!   That is some major work you are doing!  They must use a lot of salt on the roads in Minnesota. I have never seen that much rust on an SS. But then I live in Southern California. 

Any plans for upgrades?

On 4/11/2020 at 11:56 AM, dcairns said:

Congrats on getting your dream truck!   That is some major work you are doing!  They must use a lot of salt on the roads in Minnesota. I have never seen that much rust on an SS. But then I live in Southern California. 

Any plans for upgrades?

Thanks! Unfortunately they sure do but it will be fixed! For now just rust repair and a drop kit but I'm sure it will go from there haha

6 hours ago, 04palass said:

Thanks! Unfortunately they sure do but it will be fixed! For now just rust repair and a drop kit but I'm sure it will go from there haha

Well, if you have the budget, I can highly recommend a supercharger :)  I have had the Magnacharger Radix on my truck since new and it really wakes up the truck. I think they don't make this exact Radix now, but a redesigned version is on their website.  

HPIM0329.jpg

• Like 1

On 4/13/2020 at 3:20 PM, matslp488 said:

I hate everyone with a supercharger on their SS (in a good way) ?

? But seriously, if you can afford it, or find a good used one, it is the most fun mod you can do. It totally changes the character of the SS

Edited by dcairns (see edit history)

On 4/13/2020 at 12:26 PM, Tim713 said:

Looks nice! Where are you located? I have an 03 SS in Waconia, MN

Thanks! I am in Maple Grove

On 4/13/2020 at 2:09 PM, dcairns said:

Well, if you have the budget, I can highly recommend a supercharger :)  I have had the Magnacharger Radix on my truck since new and it really wakes up the truck. I think they don't make this exact Radix now, but a redesigned version is on their website.  

That is my goal eventually haha, just not sure when.

I got the grille back from the shop yesterday! Now just waiting on the headlights in the mail.

f7Tz1yp.jpg

8 hours ago, dcairns said:

? But seriously, if you can afford it, or find a good used one, it is the most fun mod you can do. It totally changes the character of the SS

I know! I’ve been wanting a radix or tvs 1900 and every time I have the extra cash for it none come up... and every time ones comes up the funds are not available lol

Well going alittle further that I had originally planned this early into having this truck but, the fenders I bought from Texas didn't match quite which turned into basically painting the whole cab since I am at it so now it will only need a box. I also have a aftermarket intimidator spoiler getting painted too.

9Di4xCq.jpg

K1ZwGef.jpg

cv7mx7s.jpg