Current shock choices?

My current shock set up right now is Belltech SP up front and Monroe sensa-tracs rear... I’m lowered 4-6 tho... when I first lowered it I had SPs all 4 but the rear was a little too stiff for my taste so I switched them to the Monroes for the rear only and it rode much smoother...then I added helpers and now it rides like a dream...  now I would like to get the same ride for the front because it’s a little too stiff with the SPs but I also don’t want a too soft shock that will hit my fenders... 

I hear you on the firm ride. I generally don't mind it, and I'll bet some of it on your setup is due to the shorter tires than stock.  I've been thinking about going back to stock size instead of these 22's..

Richard

• 1 year later...

Hi all, new guy here and hoping to get a clear answer on which Belltech part number to order for stock ride height. Depending on which website I'm on, I seem to get different answers. There's 2212FF, 2214FF, and 2215FF....which ones do I order? Are the fronts 310400?

Also, will the answer be the same if I want to go 1 inch lower than stock?

Yeah part #'s seem to have changed slightly over the years; the ones I got for my black 06 SS aren't exactly the same as the ones I just got for the silver 06 SS.  Both sets ordered from Tony/NorcalSS.  It seems the newer part #'s are spec'd for SUV's also, when I looked them up on Belltech's site.  You can go nuts trying to figure out on their site which shocks are correct for your SS.

The #'s Tony just sent me are 2412FF and 310400, for a stock height 06 SS.  Firmed up the ride quite nicely as the OEM shocks were toast.

Richard