4L80E trans

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

vettedude,

if you really think you can build them out of some good material and harden them. i should be able to chip in some R&D money also. The only other problem is how much power can a 4L80e really handle more than a like a FLP stage 5. Parish8 blew his 80 up pretty quick, and unfortunately they do not make a lot of aftermarket parts for the 80, other than a shift kit, convertors, and tranny pans.

vettedude,

if you really think you can build them out of some good material and harden them. i should be able to chip in some R&D money also. The only other problem is how much power can a 4L80e really handle more than a like a FLP stage 5. Parish8 blew his 80 up pretty quick, and unfortunately they do not make a lot of aftermarket parts for the 80, other than a shift kit, convertors, and tranny pans.

the parts from the 80 are basically the same as the turbo 400??? I also believe parish's trans had like 50k miles on it when he bought it.... :seeya:

If the shafts are not outrageously expensive, i can probably buy them myself, and then get the money back if and when i make some hardened ones... :seeya:

I thought Parish rebuilt his and added a shift kit.

FLP is now building 80s, so you should be able to get parts soon. I think Joe is looking at/already building 80s too?

If the new FLP L5s are holding 800 rwhp, I think they are at least equal to or a little stronger than an 80. Parish burned his 80 with 630rwhp, so that's around 750 fwhp.

one question, are we NR8, MN8 or NR4?

:confused:

yeah, i was confused too, i am guessing it is an option code or something, it is asking at the site, once you fill in the information, ie..

silverad0 1500

transfer case

then you are given some options,

dash switch (electric shift), 4L60E (opt M30), opt NP8

floor shift, (opt NP2), MT

floor shift, (opt NP2), AT

dash switch (electric shift), 4L80E (opt MT1 or MN8)

dash switch (electric shift), 4L60E (opt M30), opt NR4

i am not thinking any of those are right, but i dunno.

So, where you mention 800, you mean fwhp then, right?  What kind of hp are you expecting out of your stroker with the amount of boost you're wanting?

No. As I said, FLP L5s are holding 800 rwhp according to Chuck (at least one is -- in a Vette).

My target is 750-800 fwhp. It depends on whether I can actually gt 18+psi or not with the methanol. I've been reading that the truck manifold won't make that much HP though :(

I have no doubt that the built 80s will hold more than the L5. I was comparing it to the rebuilt (to stock) version that Parish was running (and killed). FLP is building his new 80 and Chuck said its a monster.

You said "building"?  I thought Parish already had his built 80 in.  Did he blow that one up already?  He put it in about 3 months ago.  Is that what you mentioned in the previous post?  Maybe I didn't catch that.

Parish rebuilt his 80 and Chuck was building / built an FLP 80 for him about the same time as he built my FLP. That's the last time I talked to Chuck about Parish's setup. I dunno if its in or not?

This whole thing started when someone was talking about Parish's stock 80...

Archived