4L80E trans

If someone could get me the specs on what it would have to be, I can have it machined. Todd @ AMW lives in my town, and we hang out at the same car club. I am sure that he would be willing to make one or two.

Zippy said this on LS1tech though

that part number shows to be good for the NP1 rpo type 243C transfercase with 32 teeth spline.

I don't know if that means that we may already have access to the part to make this work or not. Chime in zippy, and let us know what you meant by this

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply
If someone could get me the specs on what it would have to be, I can have it machined.  Todd @ AMW lives in my town, and we hang out at the same car club.  I am sure that he would be willing to make one or two.

Zippy said this on LS1tech though

that part number shows to be good for the NP1 rpo type 243C transfercase with 32 teeth spline.

I don't know if that means that we may already have access to the part to make this work or not. Chime in zippy, and let us know what you meant by this

i don't believe that piece is going to do the job. at this point i believe you'd either have to be special to get the right piece or know someone that can make you one.

If we can get a decent drawing I can run it by my guys and see how much it would cost to make. I can hob a spline, but I need to know some sizes and finishing specs...

If I cant do it I have a guy up the street that can.....

Maybe Kurt will chime in with some spec's.............

Would there be heat treating or any other process needed? Maybe leave that up to the trans guys.....??

Not sure how detailed you can get with the program on their site, but if you go to emachineshop.com you can download a design program, draw your part and then order it through them. Either way it may be worth a shot. Fun to play with also.

Emachineshop.com

I have access to CAD programs, and several doctors of engineerinng and such. I also have access and knoledge of how to use some solid modeling software. If i could get pictures and specs, i can make an exact 3-d model, and get some input on some surface hardening, and other things... :seeya:

Archived