Sign in to follow this  
SSmoothSilSS

Site has officially died

The paint and body on mine still looks brand new.  But it's also garaged kept and never driven in the winter or rainy summer days.

I check in once and a while too. Mostly when I am looking for information for repairs, as my SS is getting to that age where things need fixing now and then ;D

SSCartoon-small.jpg

Bought my 2003 SS from dealer with 1800 miles on it. It was his personal vehicle for a year. Dealer put all Earnhardt decals from a Special Edition Earnhardt Car . 

Got tons of compliments!!! Still have SS about 145,000 miles. Wheel wells have started rusting though.

Mine is at 143,000 and the only thing that is a problem is in the winter the gauges need to be reset, this is a common grounding issue with GM trucks of these years. Moisture from sitting a week or so with no heat in cab makes it go to French language. I guest if thats the only problem I can handle it.

yep my gauge cluster gone crazy to, when the temp gets over 115* out side it will work most times, shut it off and may not work again for months at a time.. only have 102660 miles on it. bought new in 03..oh trans went bad at 101,992 miles

I check in once in awhile also. I still drive the same '03 Red SS that I purchased new which now has 213,000 miles. I still love this truck.

Edited by mcwarren
Error

I"m still here, still have my 03 AWD SS and it's got 74K on it now. Still runs like a top, wish the memory module still worked on mine.... don't have 400.00 to spend on a new one! lol....