VIN Location

Stickman03SS

Hey Everybody.  I am need of some assistance.  My SSS was stolen and recovered about week or so ago.  Insurance is calling it a total loss, but I am fighting them on that.  Lowballing me on payout and I really don't think it should be totaled.  My question is this......where is the VIN location that is supposedly on the frame near the from suspsension?  The VIN tag on the dash, the VIN sticker in the glovebox and on the door jamb are all three missing.  If it indeed it totaled and I buy it back, it would help finding this last VIN location.  It should also be embedded in the computer, provided they didn't swap computers or changed it via HPTuners, etc.  They had already put a new VIN tag in the dash.  The police confiscated that.  Thanks for any help you can provide.  Picture of the location would be a bonus.  Thanks!

Jim

Sorry to hear your truck was stolen, glad you were able to get it back - hopefully not too much of a battle to get it right again.

As far as the VIN location, the only "legal" original one is on the dash.  Since that has been tampered with, to obtain a state-reassigned VIN, the state will have an officer inspect the truck.  They will know exactly where to look for other VIN locations.  They'll attach a sticker to the vehicle (location will vary) indicating a state assigned VIN and issue a new title based on the new VIN.

Sorry if that isn't exactly the answer to your question; I don't know the location, but to the end owner it's not that useful a piece of info because the state is who's gonna inspect it anyway.

Richard