Traction control light and e brake light

I noticed my traction control light and e brake light will go on during hard acceleration or hard braking, and on braking as soon as I let off the pedal they turn off? I was thinking maybe the u bolts could be loose and the rear end is twisting maybe? Has anyone else experienced this?

• 1 month later...

Sounds silly but check the fluid level in your master cylinder.  If it's below the sensor you'll get those error lights (and a CHECK BRAKE SYSTEM message) as the fluid level moves away from the sensor under hard acceleration/braking.  If the fluid is low don't put too much in; some of that low level is just due to wear of the brake pads.  Put a little bit in so it covers the sensor and see how it behaves.  Then possibly check your brake lines (the hard portions) for leaks as they can be common on the GMT800 series trucks especially in areas where they salt the roads or if it was driven on the beach a bunch, or you live near salt water.

And just remember be careful not to spill any on the paint or touch the paint with brake fluid on a rag or your hand; it'll ruin the paint.

Richard

Edited by someotherguy (see edit history)