Edgar hernandez

Silverado ss 06 es original..?

Hola Edgar, 

Check the sticker in the glovebox for RPO code SSI. This code is the Intimidator package. Also compare the VIN on the sticker to be sure it matches the VIN on the tag riveted to the dash area.

If it has SSI it's an Intimidator, just might be missing the door and tailgate scripts if it has been repainted.  Does it have the DEI logo headrests or the regular SS? Also gauge should have Dale Earnhardt signature image, and tailgate cap is a 3 piece wing.

Richard

where would the RPO Code SSI be located in the glovebox?

On the service parts ID (SPID) label in the glovebox along with all the other option codes. That is, IF it's an Intimidator, otherwise no SSI code..

Richard

Cool thanks I did not know that. So I just checked and verified my VIN along with glove box and it is the same lol. It does have the SSI code as well

Wonder what happened to Edgar?

Anyway, surely if someone wanted to forge an Intimidator, they could make a fake SPID label.  I mean hell it's just a sticker.  However, it would have to match the VIN on the dash tag (which is why I mentioned it) - and if you run the VIN through Compnine or have a friendly dealer run it, the RPO codes that come back from that report are straight from GM's build database. 

Richard

that's a good question.. I sent him a private message in Spanish explaining to him how to tell if its an Intimidator or SSS. Never heard back from him.

good to know about running the RPO Codes 

si es una Intimidator, si mira todos los RPO Codes bien, puede encontrar el code que dice "SSI".

• Upvote 1