Need parts for INTIMIDATOR SS

MotorserSS

The emblems for the exterior?  You won't want them used; they're too fragile and are likely to break pulling them off a truck.  In fact when I had mine painted I replaced them anyway because they were showing signs of sun damage.

You can get the Intimidator scripts brand new if you hunt hard enough.  The door scripts are easier to find; it's the tailgate script that is a little bit narrower so that it doesn't crowd out the SS emblem.  The non-original copies of the scripts that are all over ebay etc. are just vinyl puffy stickers and are not correct to originals whatsoever so please skip those.  I got the tailgate script from online Chevy dealer IAMGMPARTS if I recall; will edit back with the part #'s when I dig through my file in a little bit.

Of course the SS emblems are the same exact ones used on the regular SS truck.

The dash insert...you gonna have to get it from someone willing to part with one.  I know there's probably someone here that has one though.

EDIT - part #'s

Intimidator scripts for doors - 88980874 - best price I found 3 years back was $153/ea

Intimidator script for tailgate - 88980875 - same deal 3 years ago best price I found was $157 - this is the smaller one correct for the tailgate.

SS emblems - same for doors and tailgate - 15178666 - around $80/ea :(

If you're restoring though you're laying out good money for paint and bodywork, may as well only go with brand new emblems.  When you compare 'em to the old ones you won't regret it.  Yes it's over $700 for 6 emblems total, which in reality, is only about 10% of what high quality paint/body is gonna cost.

Richard

Edited by someotherguy (see edit history)

• 6 months later...

On 7/24/2019 at 7:46 AM, someotherguy said:

The emblems for the exterior?  You won't want them used; they're too fragile and are likely to break pulling them off a truck.  In fact when I had mine painted I replaced them anyway because they were showing signs of sun damage.

You can get the Intimidator scripts brand new if you hunt hard enough.  The door scripts are easier to find; it's the tailgate script that is a little bit narrower so that it doesn't crowd out the SS emblem.  The non-original copies of the scripts that are all over ebay etc. are just vinyl puffy stickers and are not correct to originals whatsoever so please skip those.  I got the tailgate script from online Chevy dealer IAMGMPARTS if I recall; will edit back with the part #'s when I dig through my file in a little bit.

Of course the SS emblems are the same exact ones used on the regular SS truck.

The dash insert...you gonna have to get it from someone willing to part with one.  I know there's probably someone here that has one though.

EDIT - part #'s

Intimidator scripts for doors - 88980874 - best price I found 3 years back was $153/ea

Intimidator script for tailgate - 88980875 - same deal 3 years ago best price I found was $157 - this is the smaller one correct for the tailgate.

SS emblems - same for doors and tailgate - 15178666 - around $80/ea :(

If you're restoring though you're laying out good money for paint and bodywork, may as well only go with brand new emblems.  When you compare 'em to the old ones you won't regret it.  Yes it's over $700 for 6 emblems total, which in reality, is only about 10% of what high quality paint/body is gonna cost.

Richard

where did you find these???? I need to know!!!

Edited by 1981evildisco (see edit history)