SSS buying opinions

marsch

So I am shopping around for SSSs and I am stuck between 3 and wanted to get some of yalls opinions.  Ill list the 3 below with a short description.  Let me know what yall think.

1.  04 Black AWD.  99k Miles  $15,000  BTR Truck Stg 2 cam, tune, shorty headers, exhaust, lowered 2/3.  Mods only have 3k miles on them.  Interior is 8 out of 10.  Clear coat faded on roof.  Bed cover, and carpeted liner.  Located 2 hours away from me.  (This truck pretty much has all the mods done to it that I would do myself.)

2.  03 Blue AWD 72k miles.  $13,080  Stock. Bed cover.  Interior/Exterior is about 8 out 10.  5.5 hours away north.

3.  04 Black AWD 53k miles. $14,500.  All Stock.  Bed cover.  Carpeted bed liner.  Interior is 9 out of 10.  Exterior is 9 out of 10.  Mildly smoked in.  Located 5.5 hours away south.

Part of me says go for the modded one, that is lest work and money I would have to put in it.  But its also hard to pass up a lower mileage truck.  Thanks for yalls opinions.

#3 sounds like the deal of the bunch.  The mods will cost you some money but at least if you do them yourself you know they were done right, no corners cut, no mistakes made.  It's half the miles of #1 so IMO that more than makes up for the cost of any mods you'll do.  Also, if it's hours South of TN it's probably a rust-free truck unless it came from somewhere else.  Or, if it's in coastal FL area - check it REALLY close for any rust, particularly the fuel and brake lines!!!  If you see any rust either pass on it 100% or get a substantial discount.

The one thing that detracts from it is the smoking - I hate smoked-in vehicles, but if it's not majorly stinky then you can get rid of the smell fairly easily.  Used car dealers do this all the time.  Rent an ozone generator machine.

Richard

On 7/23/2019 at 10:17 AM, someotherguy said:

#3 sounds like the deal of the bunch.  The mods will cost you some money but at least if you do them yourself you know they were done right, no corners cut, no mistakes made.  It's half the miles of #1 so IMO that more than makes up for the cost of any mods you'll do.  Also, if it's hours South of TN it's probably a rust-free truck unless it came from somewhere else.  Or, if it's in coastal FL area - check it REALLY close for any rust, particularly the fuel and brake lines!!!  If you see any rust either pass on it 100% or get a substantial discount.

The one thing that detracts from it is the smoking - I hate smoked-in vehicles, but if it's not majorly stinky then you can get rid of the smell fairly easily.  Used car dealers do this all the time.  Rent an ozone generator machine.

Richard

Thanks for the advice Richard.  I did decide on truck number 3 for the same reasons you mentioned.  The low mileage outweigh the current mods.  Plus, I dont mind tinkering and doing the work myself.  Once the owner told me the truck is on its second set of tires, because the first ones dry rotted... thats what sold me there.