Sign in to follow this  
Daffypuck

Shopping for an SS and need some opinions.

I have been shopping for a while now to try and pin down the values on these trucks. But it seems to me that the prices are all over the place. Im looking for a low mileage model, so its tough to know where I should start with my offers. I found one with 71k/$15,500, but it sold before I could even pick up the phone. That seemed like a really good deal. Now Ive got my eye on a 33k/$21,500 and a 49k/$23,500 ('03-'04). Based on prices Ive seen, those both seem to be a bit high. I was thinking more around $19,500-$20,500. Some say that those are fair market prices, but Ive seen many with 60k-90k go for $5,000-$7,000 less. Is 20k miles really worth $5,000 more in value?? 

15 hours ago, Daffypuck said:

I have been shopping for a while now to try and pin down the values on these trucks. But it seems to me that the prices are all over the place. Im looking for a low mileage model, so its tough to know where I should start with my offers. I found one with 71k/$15,500, but it sold before I could even pick up the phone. That seemed like a really good deal. Now Ive got my eye on a 33k/$21,500 and a 49k/$23,500 ('03-'04). Based on prices Ive seen, those both seem to be a bit high. I was thinking more around $19,500-$20,500. Some say that those are fair market prices, but Ive seen many with 60k-90k go for $5,000-$7,000 less. Is 20k miles really worth $5,000 more in value?? 

Well I got mine a little over a year ago for $20,500, it had 32k on the clock and a few minor bolt-ons and little do dads but overall I think it was a great deal :thumbs: I looked for 2 years before I found mine and yes the prices will vary because of the rarity of the vehicle, it ultimately doesn't have a stable value, it's worth what someone will pay for it, Good luck 

George

On 6/23/2019 at 8:28 AM, Daffypuck said:

Welcome to the site, and congrats on trying to purchase one of the best GM trucks ever built! What year do you want (03-06/Intimidator), 2wd or AWD, also color. I assume all stock. This all has a factor on the price. They are definitely out there and I have seen a few nice ones on Craigslist with around 20k-40k mileage for decent price. Any updates on the hunt!?