Bagging an ss

maxhickel

• 1 month later...

If it’s your daily o would say don’t do it!. I don’t understand why everyone is all about the accuair shiz either. Yeah it’s one unit but the thing is slow AF it’s like going back to when we first started bagging trucks using manual valves and 1/4 inch air. And the price....no thanks. I would go online to I think it’s airbagit.com or something like that. I’m not sure because it’s here in as close to me so I just go there but get a nice bracket set up for the front. E en check suicidedoors.com they use to have cool shit for good prices back in the day. But get a bracket kit then locate a set of 1/2 smc valves.  To Parker’s or those other cheap ones because even tho they look the same they do not perform the same. So get 4 valves for the front and in the rear I would do 3/8s Vales for lift and 1/2 for the dump so the beds not shooting up. Mount the front ones on the frame rails just under the cab and have hydraulic  lines made at your local hose shop to go from the bad to the valve. Way worth the money to never have to worry about a blown line. The rear you will have to rid the leaf springs. Whatever link set up you go with just make sure the air bags are not mounted over the axel. Bag over axel rides like dog shit and will beat your teeth out I promise you won’t like it. The bags have got to go on the link arms somewhere before the axel. Not only will it ride like a caddy but you will get slot of lift out of the bag as well. I’m sure there are plenty of companies out there making kits for them. Just make sure the pinion angle is set good at ride height,you don’t want any vibration. Wire up your valves with some nice shielded speaker wire so it’s only one wire you have to run from all 4 corners. The option for switches is almost never ending. You can order 4 switches, one for each corner or more if you want one switch to tie both fronts together or both rests . You can even tie all 4 into one switch. I like that for the dump. So when you park you just flip the one rocker switch and it dumps all 4. I’ve always liked installing 2 of the 3 gallon tanks . One on each side with its own high output compressor. That way the air lines are all as short as possible. Well there is my unnecessary 2 cents lol if you need Andy help or advice just message me anytime