ABS light

Tim713

To get this started, I attempted a search for ‘ABS’ and ‘ABS light’ and was flooded with 400+ pages to search through. If someone has a link to better info, please post it here and I will apologize. 

My SSS is a weekend at best driver just to allow me access to my hobbies.  I was driving to a friends cabin last weekend and noticed that when I would come to a slow and easy stop that during the last 5mph of the stop the brake pedal had the same feeling it would when the ABS was in use. (Dry pavement, very easy breaking, so definitely no ABS) yesterday I was headed to the driving range and all of a sudden the chime went off and my ABS light came on.  I’ve done all the easy normal things; no blown ABS fuse, reservoir full of brake fluid, disconnected the battery for a few hours.  Light is still on and I have no idea where to go from here.  I should also mention I have been noticing small amounts of liquid under the engine area showing up on my garage floor.  It does not look like oil, which is what made me think to check the brake fluid reservoir.  

Does anyone have any ideas?

thank you!  

One or both your front and sensors are dirty. Sometimes you can clean them and be good for a while. Usually it's a sign of the wheel bearing getting chewed up and spitting metal particles onto the sensor magnet.

It might be more to do with age the beating on the truck? Awd seem to be a little harder on hubs than 4x4s. This happened on my denali, I cleaned them and they've been fine for 5 years/10k+ miles.