Stickman03SS

Whipple 2.9L Supercharger for Silverado SS

Not sure if this is appropriate place or topic to post, but I will give it a shot.  I was contemplating a supercharger for my SS and I would prefer the Whipple 2.9 Liter unit you see on the SS sedan and other direct injection LS engines.  When doing internet searches, our SS trucks seem to only have the Whipple 2.3 liter unit max until I ran across a kit on Black Bear Performance website that says it is the 2.9 unit, but looks like the 2.3 in the picture.  I have reached out to them on their website, but not heard back.  I apologize to Black Bear if I am being impatient (in a good way I hope), but I thought I would make that inquiry here, hoping they might see the post or other SS owners might comment.  Here is their link.  Let me know your thoughts on whether this is the 2.9 or 2.3 liter unit.  Their claim for HP and torque increase sure sound like a 2.9, but the pictures and part numbers would indicate 2.3.  I sure hope it is the 2.9.   

http://store.blackbearperformance.com/Whipple-Superchargers-29L-TruckSUV--2003-2006-48L53L60L_p_1359.html

Hello Jim, we would be happy to help with the Whipple and tuning. We will definitely confirm the kit, and if it will work for your vehicle before we place the order. The best person to go over the kit with and pricing with you would be our tuner, Justin. He is available via email only. If you want to PM me the email address you sent your message from I can confirm if we received it. Thanks  

I spoke to Justin and he mentioned we pulled our description from Whipple's website. We have questioned them on it and it is in fact a 2.3L, not a 2.9L for that model.

Thanks Shannon!  I appreciate following up on this.  I will definitely keep you guys in mind if I decided to go with the 2.3 Whipple.  I might even consider some of the other brands or even the Procharger.  Still trying to figure out if I want to invest in mine or move up to a 2014 or newer truck.  Thanks again!