So I bought a 2003 ss and my front differential isn't currently working it needs a new casing I was wondering if a Escalades differential would match so I can just find one that's parting out as long as it's a gt5 since mine has 4:10 gears and if the transfer case would also be a match or would I have to find another ss being parted out

Escaldes and denalis are all 3.73. you can grab a 4.10 out of a Silverado/avalanche/Tahoe/suburban 4x4 and switch the pass. Side axle tube, with your awd style axle tube. That's the only difference.

On the t-case, as long as it was an NP3 optioned (not NR3) it's a direct replacement as well.

Edited by eberhama
  • Upvote 1

Thanks brother your the man also ive been driving in 2wd for a while from what ive read that i might have cooked my transfercase would you recommend a new transfer case or should the one i have be fine

If its still moving and not making noise, you might be alright. I'd put the diff back in and go, but I'm a cheap [email protected] Might not hurt to have a t-case located, as a plan B.

• Upvote 1

Awesome also my truck has been rolling while in park if its uphill but very slowly do use think it would be because my drive shaft isnt connected or would it be the transmission or hopefully just a brake problem?

Having one driveshaft out will allow the t-case to spin, and the truck to roll, even in park.

• Like 1

Thats everything i needed to know thanks for the quick responses this is my first time trying out forums definitely pleased thanks if i could pay you for all this info i certainly would

Hey man one more question are all the front drive shafts the same or which trucks have one that will match my truck

Awd trucks are different than 4x4. Awd t-case is smaller so the driveshaft is longer, if I remember right.

The CV shafts? All the same.